can't see some photos?

Started by Charon, 17 March 2013, 06:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Evening all!

Been having problems seeing some photos on this forum for a while. Whilst I can see some photos, others aren't visible at all - no red cross, nothing to suggest that there is a photo there.

I'd love to have a look at Cameronian's Nachod photos on his recent thread, but nothing appears. I don't seem to have this issue with any other forums and have tried with IE9, Firefox and Safari - does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

Techno

Hi Jon.

I've noticed a similar thing on occasions...
But it only happens when I don't actually bother to log in properly.
Visiting as a 'guest' seems to mean that I can see MOST of the photo's that have been posted....But not all.

I'll go and have a quick look at C's photos to see whether they're visible to me now....
Back in a minute.
Cheers - Phil.

Techno

Yep....I can see them... :)
I think the above may be the answer....Hope it is !
Cheers - Phil.

Leon

Photo's which are attachments to the posts won't be visible unless you're logged in to the Forum?  I don't know if there's a setting to change that anywhere in the forum settings though.

:-\
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Charon

That's got it - need to be logged in  :-[

Thanks for the help guys!

Druzhina

Perhaps a related effect is that attachments to Pendraken Forum posts hot-linked from another forum won't be displayed there (unless the viewer is logged into the Pendraken Forum). This would otherwise use up server bandwidth.

Druzhina
Illustrations of Soldiers