Plastic aircraft kits now available!

Started by Leon, 13 March 2013, 12:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

13 March 2013, 12:35:01 AM Last Edit: 13 March 2013, 01:21:44 AM by Leon
We've added a selection of the Revell 1:144th aircraft kits to the website, priced at a very reasonable £2 each!  If this first batch prove popular, we'll look at stocking some of the other kits as well in the future.

So, we now have:

REV-04912 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk I

REV-04913 - Hawker Hurricane Mk I

REV-04914 - Hawker Typhoon MkIb

REV-04916 - Messerschmitt Bf109E

REV-04917 - Focke Wulf Fw190-A8

REV-04918 - Junkers Ju87B Stuka

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sandinista

Hmmm, Stuka I have one - I don't need more do I... oops  :D :D :D

GordonY

The 109 might find its way into my next order, shame that theres no US or Ruski planes in the range.

goat major

Leon - you might want to mention over on WD3 - there's a few wingnut freaks over there who might like these
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Hertsblue

I have several of these. They're really nice little kits.

Oh, they also do a Me 262A twin-jet in the same range.

This is the Fw 190A

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

petercooman

My my, have been looking at these for a while now.

@ hertsblue: did you do the propellors yourself? or do they come with the kit?knowing revell i'm guesing no...

Hertsblue

Hi, Peter. No, you're quite correct. I did the props myself with a rotary scriber, having cut the blades off the spinner first, of course.

Ray

www.rulesdepot.net

petercooman

They look nice, and the bases look easy too, how high up are they? About 10-12 cm? It  looks like something in that range.

Hertsblue

They're actually Zvesda bases, Peter, fitted with rare-earth magnets to make them universal for all my 1:144th aircraft. They're 8.5 cm to the fixing base. The Revell ones are very much smaller and more delicate and not really suitable for wargaming, I'd say.

www.rulesdepot.net

petercooman

Quote from: Hertsblue on 13 March 2013, 11:07:33 AM
They're actually Zvesda bases, Peter, fitted with rare-earth magnets to make them universal for all my 1:144th aircraft. They're 8.5 cm to the fixing base. The Revell ones are very much smaller and more delicate and not really suitable for wargaming, I'd say.

Darn  :P

I'll have to rely on twisted wire then  :D

Steve J

Peter, take a trip to any good model shop and you can pick up some brass rod to use to support the planes. Easy to cut to length and mount on a base and in the aircraft.

BTW, these moulds are quite old and a bit basic but should paint up fine, as the pics above suggest.

petercooman

I work in a factory, no way i am buying rod  :D :D :D

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

Oh good, I was just going about organising another order and now I can add a Hurricane  :D. Will thiese make much difference to the way you package, and charge postage?

Any thoughts of getting the Revell Ju-52 in?

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leon

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 13 March 2013, 11:18:03 PM
Will thiese make much difference to the way you package, and charge postage?

I wouldn't think so, they'll fit in a Jiffy bag the same as a figure order would.  They fit through the Large Letter slot as well, so that keeps them in the lower bracket.

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 13 March 2013, 11:18:03 PM
Any thoughts of getting the Revell Ju-52 in?

Possibly, but it depends on what we can get from the current supplier really.  I've seen them available elsewhere, but minimum ordering levels mean it's not viable from there.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Two quid is a really good price. A lot less than I paid on e-Bay.  :'(

www.rulesdepot.net