French napoleonic army

Started by kev1964, 12 March 2013, 08:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev1964

Hi all,

Been working on these for a few days and hope to get them all based by friday so i can get back on my AWI 10s, not that i,m hooked on them   :D but am looking forward to my next lot arriving soon. Will put a pic of the finished army on if anyones interested.

cheers

kev

2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Techno

8) :-bd

Good job Kev !!
Cheers - Phil.

kev1964

Yes peter, baccus, i bought a box of Austrians a few years ago off ebay and almost all the cav were french so deciced to get the inf and arty to make the army up.
Thanks Techno.

kev

Edmund2011

Very nice and well painted!!

GordonY

I'm always put of Baccus by the horses, I really dont like my Cuirassiers being mounted on Shetland ponies.

petercooman

Quote from: GordonY on 12 March 2013, 10:11:09 PM
I'm always put of Baccus by the horses, I really dont like my Cuirassiers being mounted on Shetland ponies.

Aha so i'm not the only one!!  :D

kev1964

;D ;D yes your right chaps, bit on the small side.

Steve J

They should look good massed together on the battlefield 8).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Holy Tamoly! Those look really cool. Which paints are you using?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

They do look a bit top-heavy. Reminds me of the old Mike's Models 15s of yesteryear. However, they're beautifully painted and should look good on the table.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

nikharwood

Yep - that, and that they're all the wrong size anyway  ;) :P :d

Nicely painted though  :)

mollinary

The French are one of their older ranges, and due for a make over shortly.  The new British, Russian and Austrian ranges have, in my opinion, a much improved set of horses.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

GordonY

Still not a patch on the Adler cavalry though, those are simply the best 6mm I've ever seen.

DaveL

Lovely paint job.

Don't really like Bacchus_-although some of their figures are nice.  Have seen some of their figures nicely painted on their stall at shows but think they spoil them by having such thick bases.

My friend Chad has given me some of those 3mm (yes - THREE) French cuirassiers.  Now there's a painting challenge!

Best wishes    DaveL