Show: Carronade, Falkirk

Started by Leon, 12 March 2013, 01:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

12 March 2013, 01:56:23 AM Last Edit: 12 March 2013, 02:01:46 AM by Leon
Our first foray north of the border for 2013 sees us heading up to Falkirk for the excellent Carronade show!  This is one of Scotland's premier events, and is definitely worth a visit.  We'll need any pre-orders for this one in to us before Sat 4th May please.

For more info on the show, head over to the Falkirk Wargames Club website: http://www.falkirkwargamesclub.org.uk/

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

WeeWars

I will be ordering a hunk of 1809 metal.

Can any May releases be sneaked into a Carronade order?
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 22 April 2013, 11:48:48 AM
I will be ordering a hunk of 1809 metal.

Can any May releases be sneaked into a Carronade order?

Yeah, that'll be fine, we'll be releasing the LoA cavalry, the FPW Guard limbers, and hopefully some Zombies...!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

WeeWars

Any chance of seeing my 10mm bagpiper north of the border some time soon?  :) ;)

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 27 April 2013, 09:12:09 PM
Any chance of seeing my 10mm bagpiper north of the border some time soon?  :) ;)

Pop me an email to remind me, and I'll see where he is.  We did mould up some of those sculpts, but I can't remember if the piper was in there.

Leon

All ready to drive up on Friday afternoon, hoping to see some of you there!

8)

sebigboss79

Hoping? I will be the first after the stand is built up...in fact I was wondering if I can persuade Dave to watch you while giving you (undesired) sugestions how to improve ..  :-\

sebigboss79

11 May 2013, 06:12:30 PM #7 Last Edit: 11 May 2013, 06:19:33 PM by sebigboss79
Unfortunately the Master of the House (CEO aka wife) decided we take a later train. Hence I missed the opportunity to assist Dave in making suggestions to Leon while he is assembling the stand.

As always the Pendraken stand was busy (while Dave strangely was out of sight when I shopped  :-\ ) Picked up my purchases and took a picture of "the Helmet" (forgot to put it on leon head  <) ) .
Show itself was quite interesting and I expected "less" to be honest.

Lets see you all at Claymore in August  <:-P

Edit: Pics: http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/sebigboss79/library/Shows/2013%20Carronade?sort=3&page=1

Leon

Quote from: sebigboss79 on 11 May 2013, 06:12:30 PM
As always the Pendraken stand was busy (while Dave strangely was out of sight when I shopped  :-\ ) Picked up my purchases and took a picture of "the Helmet" (forgot to put it on leon head  <) ) .
Show itself was quite interesting and I expected "less" to be honest.

Good to see you, but shame we didn't get chance for a chat!   :(  Dave was off walkabout, he did that quite a bit over the morning!

:D

sebigboss79

Hmmm.... maybe how about a coffee at Claymore?  :-\
Did not wanna be rude but also did not wanna loose you any sales being german and all.  ???

Leon

Quote from: sebigboss79 on 12 May 2013, 12:40:01 AM
Hmmm.... maybe how about a coffee at Claymore?  :-\
Did not wanna be rude but also did not wanna loose you any sales being german and all.  ???

We don't get much time to hop off the stand, but feel free to hang about for a chat, that's always welcome.  Wee Wars was knocking about all day, we couldn't get rid of him...  ;)

You didn't get to be the first German in the German helmet either! 

Derek H

Quote from: sebigboss79 on 11 May 2013, 06:12:30 PM
Edit: Pics: http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/sebigboss79/library/Shows/2013%20Carronade?sort=3&page=1

And there's me, annoying Leon. 

sebigboss79

Ah we should have joined forces and annoy Leon harder :D.

Mentioning the helmet I also did not have the right hairstyle in my face. Moustaches - they do make a difference. LOL

WeeWars

Quote from: Leon on 12 May 2013, 12:58:47 AM
WeeWars was knocking about all day, we couldn't get rid of him...  ;)

I have photographic proof of my many excursions:

www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,7520.0.html

Leon

It was a nice day up at Carronade this year, and we had chance to chat with a load of people, which was a refreshing change from Salute a couple of weeks ago!  There are some pics on the Wappinshaw blog here: http://wappinshaw.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-falkirk-show-carronade-was-held.html

And we got a couple of new recruits for the 08/15'ers as well... http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,6966.msg78033.html#msg78033

8)