Sister Of Battle - 40k Army

Started by Vulpine, 10 February 2013, 06:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

To bore you all to tears once again....
"When I was there"....The ethos was BIG hands.....BIG feet....BIG guns... BIG shoulder pads.
But you're doing a cracking job on those V....I really like what you're doing with them !!
Cheers - Phil.

Vulpine

Thanks Tec,

GW is Heroic scale. The weapons are all massive and such and a space marine Srg head won't actually fit into his helmet... However it's the style they have gone for. It ain't realistic but it is a decent look.

Just been to fountains Abby, inspired me more and my Mate, he is also doing SOB now.
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

Vulpine

01 March 2013, 07:48:19 PM #47 Last Edit: 01 March 2013, 07:57:09 PM by Vulpine

Full pic of SOB army

My tank hunting Jump infantry

Veteran sisters inc preacher, note instead of the normal tabard style cloak I've given the sisters full robes and larger backpacks to make them stand out.

First of three units of guardsmen pluss command squad. I will also have 20 conscripts as my roused town folk.

One Standard sister squad with two special weapons (got one other with 2SW but have no close ups of 2nd squad)

Third Standard sister squad, with MultiMelta, Meltagun, CombiMelta and Preacher, ideal for hunting down tanks.

A 5 strong sister squad with 2 Flamers and a Combi flamer, good support for another squad and grate at cleansing the unclean.

Final unit, including Heavy Bolter, Meltagun, superior with power weapon, 19 strong, pluss Cannonnes and A Charictor Preacher who gives the unit +1Attack each and rerole hits in combat.

My Inquisitor is actually part of the guard force, rules wise he is just a commissar lord, I'm thinking of putting him in the conscript unit to stop them fleeing.

Canonness, counts as St.Celestine, she is awsome and makes the unit fearless.
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

barbarian

I don't like the little black support under the flying ones.
I would have put a stick up their ass.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

i_am_win

Quote from: barbarian on 01 March 2013, 11:27:12 PM
I don't like the little black support under the flying ones.
I would have put a stick up their ass.

I bet you say that to all the girls!!  ;D
Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

Techno

Great work V.....Though I'm not so keen on the flying supports either.
Would have thought GW could have come up with something a bit better than that.. :-\...or are they expecting their customers to do a bit of putty work around those 'sticks' to form some sort of 'dust cone' ?
Cheers - Phil.

Vulpine

Possibly robes or scripture paper hanging down and trailing on the ground?
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

GordonY

Not enough flesh showing on these bolter bitches, see GZG Nuns wi Guns for a better alternative.

Vulpine

Guard Captain

One of three guard units

Militia/Conscripts

A close up of a Conscript, I wanted to have them very low tech but not medieval, low tech but futuristic. Very steam punk.
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!