People's Choice Award! - Please Vote!

Started by Leon, 07 March 2013, 02:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your top 3 entries?  Cast your 3 votes now, voting closes at 6pm on Monday 11th!

Andreas Hofer - ACW Zouaves
10 (13.7%)
whitejamest - Late Romans
22 (30.1%)
Andreas Hofer - 1860 Austrians
3 (4.1%)
Matt of Munslow - SYW Highlanders
4 (5.5%)
Dougie - FFL Para's
10 (13.7%)
marshall1945's - WWII Command
1 (1.4%)
Sigur - 30YW Croats
6 (8.2%)
kev1964 - AWI cavalry
4 (5.5%)
WeeWars - French Chasseur a Cheval
4 (5.5%)
Matt of Munslow - French Hussars
2 (2.7%)
whitejamest - Hetzer
3 (4.1%)
Matt of Munslow - M48 Patton
4 (5.5%)
jdeleonardis - T34/85
4 (5.5%)
chrishanley - WWI MkIV
6 (8.2%)
Enbaji - Anubis troops
3 (4.1%)
Hetairoi - Zombies
1 (1.4%)
Annatar - Gandalf and Bilbo
2 (2.7%)
WeeWars - Napoleonic supply wagon
10 (13.7%)
BH62 - AWI artillery
2 (2.7%)
jdeleonardis - George Washington
4 (5.5%)
BH62 - Canadian 6pdr
1 (1.4%)
kev1964 - AWI artillery
1 (1.4%)
kev1964 - AWI Brits
5 (6.8%)
Andreas Hofer - ACW Zouave unit
5 (6.8%)
Geed - Welcome to the Jungle
4 (5.5%)
Irregular Wars - Romano Brits / Saxons
10 (13.7%)
WeeWars - Stubborn mule
8 (11%)
Tiny Terrain - Romano British warband
11 (15.1%)
petercooman - WWII British
1 (1.4%)
rexhurley - SYW Austrians
1 (1.4%)
Nosher - Polish Army
3 (4.1%)
O Dinas Powys - Fungal Army
5 (6.8%)
Comte de Foix - 79th New York Highlanders
2 (2.7%)
Wonkey Donkeys - AWI Line
3 (4.1%)
Flodin - Danish Guard Hussar
1 (1.4%)
jcatland - Luigi Pascucci
4 (5.5%)
Watts - General Stuart
16 (21.9%)
Akira073 - German 251/16 flamethrower
2 (2.7%)
Steve J - Terraced houses
3 (4.1%)
fred12df - Landsknecht rocket launcher
7 (9.6%)
fred12df - Fallschirmjager
3 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Leon

07 March 2013, 02:54:32 AM Last Edit: 07 March 2013, 03:30:23 AM by Leon
And now it's time for the People's Choice Award!  Here we take all of the entries who picked up points from the judges, plus some of my favourites as well, and we throw them up in a public vote!  Each member is allowed 3 votes, and the voting will close at 6pm on Monday night.  So, have a browse through these excellent candidates, and choose your 3 favourites!

The winner will receive £20 worth of goodies from Minibits!  http://www.minibits.net/

8)

Andreas Hofer - 1860 Austrians

Matt of Munslow - SYW Highlanders

Dougie - FFL Para's

marshall1945's - WWII Command

Sigur - 30YW Croats

kev1964 - AWI cavalry

WeeWars - French Chasseur a Cheval

Matt of Munslow - French Hussars

whitejamest - Hetzer

Matt of Munslow - M48 Patton

jdeleonardis - T34/85

chrishanley - WWI MkIV

Enbaji - Anubis troops

Hetairoi - Zombies

Annatar - Gandalf and Bilbo

WeeWars - Napoleonic supply wagon

BH62 - AWI artillery

jdeleonardis - George Washington

BH62 - Canadian 6pdr

kev1964 - AWI artillery

kev1964 - AWI Brits

Andreas Hofer - ACW Zouave unit

Geed - Welcome to the Jungle

Irregular Wars - Romano Brits / Saxons

WeeWars - Stubborn mule

Tiny Terrain - Romano British warband

petercooman - WWII British

rexhurley - SYW Austrians

Nosher - Polish Army

O Dinas Powys - Fungal Army

Comte de Foix - 79th New York Highlanders

Wonkey Donkeys - AWI Line

Flodin - Danish Guard Hussar

jcatland - Luigi Pascucci

Watts - General Stuart

Akira073 - German 251/16 flamethrower

Steve J - Terraced houses

fred12df - Landsknecht rocket launcher

fred12df - Fallschirmjager

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

This is a hard one!

I'd like to give you my favourites, i will not tell you wich ones i voted for to keep the tension, but will give a top 8 (in no particular order)

-Matt of Munslow - SYW Highlanders : really stunning work on the tartan! Interesting refreshing way too allign a unit too, not all bunched up
-Sigur - 30YW Croats really nice colors, bright but still toned down enough so they dn't look like they only wear the uniform for 5 minutes a day so it doesn't get dirty  :D and great banner!
-Matt of Munslow - French Hussars : very nice unit, wich lost it on the not so good picture i think. It's one of those units that i bet look stunning if you look at them in real liffe!
-whitejamest - Hetzer : splendid job on the camo
-Irregular Wars - Romano Brits / Saxons : great painting. with single figures the painting must be perfect, as ranks don't cover up small slip ups, and these are just perfect!!
-WeeWars - Stubborn mule : best diorama set up in the competition for me! so much going on! and the shadows being cast on the houses give it a touch of "real" for me! Supply wagon is great too, but can also be seen in here.
-Nosher - Polish Army : in love with the way the back row looks, with all the banners!
-fred12df - Landsknecht rocket launcher : best conversion in the comp, and very nice effect on the missile being fired!

So  my votes are going to 3 of these, now this gave me a headache ;)

J.S.

07 March 2013, 07:56:40 PM #3 Last Edit: 07 March 2013, 09:17:43 PM by J.S.
tough choice...the standard of painting really went through the roof this year, many many outstanding entries to choose from
Well, but it has to be done: whitejamest - Late Romans must be my favourite this year, so this has naturally been my first choice. Second vote goes to Andreas Hofer, because he's an outstanding painter and really deserves it. Last one goes to WeeWars - Stubborn mule, an awesome diorama piece  :-bd

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

seano1815

This years competition Fantastic i'm glad real life stopped me from finishing my new highland clan for the 45' looking at all these entries i look like i paint with a catapult or a roller  ;D. Congratulations to all the winners well deserved. My votes went to in no particular order.... whitejamest - Late Romans and
fred12df - Landsknecht rocket launcher loved this effort it looks brilliant
Once again well done to all
Have a great week
Sean

Matt J

QuoteMatt of Munslow - French Hussars : very nice unit, wich lost it on the not so good picture i think. It's one of those units that i bet look stunning if you look at them in real liffe!

Thanks Peter! yes they do indeed! unfortunately my lack of photo equipment/skill was telling  :'(
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

petercooman

I can relate to that! Mine are always too dark or too bright!

Hertsblue

Having voted now, the sad thing is that if I were to vote again tommorrow I'd probably pick three different entries.  =)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Sean Clark

:o

Only just realised you can cast three votes. I've posted one but cant seem to post the other two now. :-\

Sean
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Luddite

Quote from: Hertsblue on 11 March 2013, 09:27:19 AM
Having voted now, the sad thing is that if I were to vote again tommorrow I'd probably pick three different entries.  =)

Agreed!   ;D

I went with my choices based on 'which of these captures the essence of the model / period the best.

So for example, the Hetzer is a great paintjob, probably 'better' in terms of being cleaner and neater than the T34...but the T34 just captures the filth, grime, vicious cold and terrible conditions of the Eastern Front so much better.

That's the sort of thing i look for in a good model.   :)
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Last chance for anyone to vote, although it probably won't change the winner at this stage...  ;) :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Unless I join the Forum in various guises and vote for myself :d ;).

Leon

And that's it folks!  The winner of the 2013 People's Choice award is...

Congratulations, and thanks again to everyone who entered this year!

:-bd

whitejamest

Thank you very much for the votes guys. I appreciate it all the more since there is so much amazing stuff in the competition. - James
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - People's Choice!