AND THE WINNERS ARE!!!

Started by Leon, 06 March 2013, 06:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdeleonardis

Congratulations everyone!  Great entries this year!

Fenton

07 March 2013, 01:27:06 PM #31 Last Edit: 07 March 2013, 03:06:02 PM by Fenton
Well done everyone

As for the results some of the ones I thought would win did and some didnt , but its all very subjective and all the entries were excellent

I was surprised by the low number of entries for 20th Century foot..expect lots of WW1  entries next year
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Old Chilly-arch

Of course, naturally, the highest commendations and congratulations to all those who,
who, who - sniff - CURSES!!! AND I HAD SUCH A GOOD ACCEPTANCE SPEECH LINED UP!
Thank you! Thank you! Unaccustomed as I am to winning anything, etc., etc     
     Never mind, no really, it's only for fun isn't it! Boo Hoo! Sob. Wail & Gnash.
               Can't paint. Can't take decent photos.
                       Carn't tipe eyether;
                            bust washers,
                                  Richard

Old: i.e. over 45. All right, 55.      Chilly: Cool. Alternatively thin blooded.     Arch: Playfully mischievous. Or bent double.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) Everyone!
Sulk over!  ;)
Next year... It shall be... erm... Not mine again!  ;D ;D ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bombshell games

Fantastic contest and entries! It was a great event to sponsor.

Congrats to all that participated!! :-bd

Womble67

Hi everyone
                I would just like to congratulate everyone who took part in a painting competition, there was some absolutely fantastic entries and well done to all the winners.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

J.S.

07 March 2013, 05:16:54 PM #36 Last Edit: 07 March 2013, 05:24:53 PM by J.S.
Wow, I really didn't expect being among the winners this year. main reason:

Quote- J.S.'s Austrian Hussars - I liked these and the idea of including the image that inspired them, they may have scored higher had the image been clearer and brighter.

I'm also not happy with the pictures of the miniatures, but since I could no longer build on the skills and top-notch camera of my (now ex-)girlfriend, I had to content with my cellphone camera which was kinda frustrating  :-X

Anyways, congratulations to everyone involved, looking forward to next year  8)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Kassad

Congratulation to all winners!!
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

A great achievement to win against such strong competition!   Congratulations to all!    =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> <:-P

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leman

Excellent stuff all round and the Honved hussars were especially inspiring for me.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Nosher

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

DaveL

Fantastic painting and very high standard.

I like to think that I'm quite a good painter-but when you see these entries! Well, I might as well give up while I'm still ahead!

Interesting how many AWI entries turned up trumps.  A credit not only to the fantastic painting, but also to the beautiful little sculpts

Well done everyone     DaveL

BH62

Congratulation to all the winners.
I was particularly happy to participate in this competition for the first time. I am naturally satisfied with my result, but the work of the judges was to be very difficult. Such a competition is a source of inspiration for all the enthusiasts. She has to allow exchanges on the painting techniques and decoration of bases. I was very impressed by the personal style of certain participants, specially by hetairoi with its splndides colors.
For Leon : I think that it would be desirable to archive the images of the 2013 entries. Are there archives of the previous competitions?
Cheers.
BH62
2013 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2014 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Winner!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: BH62 on 12 March 2013, 12:31:09 PM
For Leon : I think that it would be desirable to archive the images of the 2013 entries. Are there archives of the previous competitions?

The previous competitions can be seen here:
- 2011 - http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/board,40.0.html
- 2012 - http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/board,61.0.html

The pictures should hopefully stay up as long as people don't change the hosting of them.  I might actually go through and add them all to our own Photobucket, so they don't go walkabout!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

All of our winners have had their profiles upgraded with their shiny new winners badges!  (Previous winners have had their badge swopped for a note in their signature instead.)  Let me know if I've missed anyone!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!