Dealing with cold callers...

Started by Leon, 01 March 2013, 06:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Stop the 'B' word, Andy...It'll only cause 'angst'.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

capthugeca

Just received my regular call from the Indian Subcontinent about my BT router and gave my usual response of
"How do you go home each evening, knowing that you have spent the whole of your day lying to people. Is that any way to earn a living?"

Whereat I was advised that what I needed to do was "take a stone and stick it up your arse!"
:-
Before I try that, can anyone confirm whether that will improve my speed on the internet?
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Techno on 29 November 2018, 10:27:00 AM
Totally agree, F...But once the details are out there......... =)

Been hearing on the radio that the 'Tax Man's' warning about a big increase in scam calls, reputedly coming from them.
"If we don't hear from you or your solicitor.....blah, blah, blah......"

Just as a matter of interest......Do our friends from all around the World (Who don't have English as their country's first language)......not suffer as many scam calls ?

Cheers - Phil

There's a price to be paid for speaking the "International language of commerce".
Of course we'll soon be an independent trading nation.
This will unveil excellent opportunities for boiler rooms staffed with Brummies or Aberdonians to cold-call the subcontinent and scam their telecomms connected middle classes out of their tiffin-money.

Techno

Stop it (again)......But I like your thinking !! ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: capthugeca on 29 November 2018, 01:58:36 PM
Just received my regular call from the Indian Subcontinent about my BT router and gave my usual response of
"How do you go home each evening, knowing that you have spent the whole of your day lying to people. Is that any way to earn a living?"

Whereat I was advised that what I needed to do was "take a stone and stick it up your arse!"
:-
Before I try that, can anyone confirm whether that will improve my speed on the internet?

I think you should at least give it a try and let the rest of the Forum know, so if it does improve your internet speed  we can all benefit.  :d

So when you test you should make a careful  record

Type of stone
Size of stone
Shape of stone
How far up etc....

Just be careful with the flints  :d :d

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno