Floor tiles- the wargamers miracle freind.

Started by Last Hussar, 31 May 2010, 01:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

QuoteHave you noticed this thread yet?

I have now
:D :D
:-*
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

03 February 2011, 11:04:37 PM #17 Last Edit: 03 February 2011, 11:07:26 PM by Hertsblue
Back in the seventies we used to use carpet tiles for terrain - easy to cut, came in various pastel colours and could be stacked up into "contours" suitable for the smaller scales. They were also bigger than floor tiles (40cm x 40cm). Don't know if they're still available - I haven't looked for them for a while. 
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Dickie255

;D Hey! I've got some carpet tiles as well. I was going to use them to denote fields or crops after painting them a suitable colour but a good idea to use them to construct hills. I think you can still buy them but mine were retrieved from that black hole known as the garage (I think I'm going to end up as one of those people on tv surrounded by their own rubbish when the health inspector calls)

Steptoe

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Yes - still avalaible - Homebase, in blue, sand and a pale green.

Anyone got the old imperail ons ?

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Last Hussar

I looked at the Poundland ones today in MK - too floppy - I'll stick with the B&Q ones: they may be more expensive now, but it works out at a quid a tile - I should get at least 80 30mm square per tile, allowing for wastage
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry