Some really great entries here

Started by jdeleonardis, 25 February 2013, 12:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdeleonardis

Nothing in particular, but there are some really, really great entries in this year's batch!  Nice work everybody!

It was seeing this competition last year that got me into 10mm.  Very inspiring!!!

Leon

Definitely a high standard this year, should be a fun job for the judges!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

I'm really liking the mini dioramas people have made - I have generally just entered gaming units, often with a bit of extra detailing. But the dioramas are great - I might have to think about some for next year.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

i_am_win

Yup, I agree, the entries are superb, good luck everybody!!
Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

Hertsblue

There are some wonderful entries this year. Some could easily pass for larger figures, so good is the detailing.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Steve J

The standard is exceptionally good this year and a real pleasure to see some of the entries. I've even managed to take some pics and post them this evening. No chance of winning but great to be a part of this annual event :). Good luck to all who entered and I pity the judges!

Sean Clark

Just to add my congratulations to those who have entered the competition. Some really great entries.  There is no single figure that I wouldn't be pleased to have in my collection.  8)

I have today painted my first AWI figures and can really appreciate the effort that has gone into each and every entry.
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Womble67

Hi everybody
                 I would just like to take this opportunity to wish everybody luck, and I definitely think the judges are going to have an extremely hard time deciding because there are some absolutely brilliant paint jobs.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: jdeleonardis on 25 February 2013, 12:54:37 PM
Nothing in particular, but there are some really, really great entries in this year's batch!  Nice work everybody!

Seconded! Great stuff all around, though I must say the 'Foot - pre-20th Century' category contains some special gems this time. But the overall level this year is staggering.

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Maybe next year that category should be split? Pre and post 1485 then twentieth century would be my vote, just too much good stuff!  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 February 2013, 07:15:49 PM
Maybe next year that category should be split? Pre and post 1485 then twentieth century would be my vote, just too much good stuff!  :D

We'll pop up a thread for feedback after the competition for any suggestions like this one.  The only problem with more categories is finding more prizes for them!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 28 February 2013, 07:24:23 PM
We'll pop up a thread for feedback after the competition for any suggestions like this one.  The only problem with more categories is finding more prizes for them!

Simple to do, instead of picking a first and second place, just pick a first pplace of both categories and put a poll up for the forum members and let them choose first and second between those two, that way you are also sure to display more different ranges  ;)

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: Leon on 28 February 2013, 07:24:23 PM
The only problem with more categories is finding more prizes for them! :D

Now whose problem would that be?  :D

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 February 2013, 07:15:49 PM

You just want to do Richard III's skeleton, don't you?  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

;D
Before and after, IN A CAR PARK...
Don't tempt me!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner