Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
25 October 2021, 04:12:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Libertad!, our Spanish Civil War supplement is now available!
332279 Posts in 18942 Topics by 2335 Members
Latest Member: blackseafleet
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Competitions
| | |-+  PPC 2013!
| | | |-+  Some really great entries here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some really great entries here  (Read 9407 times)
jdeleonardis
Second Lieutenant

« on: 25 February 2013, 12:54:37 PM »

Nothing in particular, but there are some really, really great entries in this year's batch!  Nice work everybody!

It was seeing this competition last year that got me into 10mm.  Very inspiring!!!
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2013, 05:36:13 PM »

Definitely a high standard this year, should be a fun job for the judges!

Cheesy

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!
fred.
Lieutenant General

« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2013, 05:38:52 PM »

I'm really liking the mini dioramas people have made - I have generally just entered gaming units, often with a bit of extra detailing. But the dioramas are great - I might have to think about some for next year.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!
i_am_win
Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2013, 09:08:19 PM »

Yup, I agree, the entries are superb, good luck everybody!!

Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

Hertsblue
Lieutenant General

« Reply #4 on: 26 February 2013, 08:50:31 AM »

There are some wonderful entries this year. Some could easily pass for larger figures, so good is the detailing.  Cool

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net
Steve J
General

« Reply #5 on: 27 February 2013, 10:15:14 PM »

The standard is exceptionally good this year and a real pleasure to see some of the entries. I've even managed to take some pics and post them this evening. No chance of winning but great to be a part of this annual event Smiley. Good luck to all who entered and I pity the judges!

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - 2 x Winner!
Windle Poons
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2013, 12:16:25 AM »

Just to add my congratulations to those who have entered the competition. Some really great entries.  There is no single figure that I wouldn't be pleased to have in my collection.  Cool

I have today painted my first AWI figures and can really appreciate the effort that has gone into each and every entry.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.
Womble67
Brigadier

« Reply #7 on: 28 February 2013, 05:46:42 PM »

Hi everybody
                 I would just like to take this opportunity to wish everybody luck, and I definitely think the judges are going to have an extremely hard time deciding because there are some absolutely brilliant paint jobs.

Take care

Andy

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Aart Brouwer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

« Reply #8 on: 28 February 2013, 07:10:16 PM »

Nothing in particular, but there are some really, really great entries in this year's batch!  Nice work everybody!

Seconded! Great stuff all around, though I must say the 'Foot - pre-20th Century' category contains some special gems this time. But the overall level this year is staggering.

Cheers,
Aart

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)
Lord Speedy of Leighton
Marquis

« Reply #9 on: 28 February 2013, 07:15:49 PM »

Maybe next year that category should be split? Pre and post 1485 then twentieth century would be my vote, just too much good stuff!  Cheesy

You may refer to me as:
Lord Speedy of Leighton.

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Lord Speedy of Leighton.
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2013, 07:24:23 PM »

Maybe next year that category should be split? Pre and post 1485 then twentieth century would be my vote, just too much good stuff!  Cheesy

We'll pop up a thread for feedback after the competition for any suggestions like this one.  The only problem with more categories is finding more prizes for them!

Cheesy

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!
petercooman
Lieutenant General

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt

« Reply #11 on: 28 February 2013, 10:58:46 PM »

We'll pop up a thread for feedback after the competition for any suggestions like this one.  The only problem with more categories is finding more prizes for them!

Cheesy

Simple to do, instead of picking a first and second place, just pick a first pplace of both categories and put a poll up for the forum members and let them choose first and second between those two, that way you are also sure to display more different ranges  Wink
Aart Brouwer
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #12 on: 01 March 2013, 04:16:07 AM »

The only problem with more categories is finding more prizes for them! Cheesy

Now whose problem would that be?  Cheesy

Cheers,
Aart

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)
Hertsblue
Lieutenant General

« Reply #13 on: 01 March 2013, 09:19:58 AM »

You just want to do Richard III's skeleton, don't you?  Cheesy

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net
Lord Speedy of Leighton
Marquis

« Reply #14 on: 01 March 2013, 09:22:57 AM »

Grin
Before and after, IN A CAR PARK...
Don't tempt me!

You may refer to me as:
Lord Speedy of Leighton.

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Lord Speedy of Leighton.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: