Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

I vote for sucker punch, to keep your mind on the totty  ;)

nikharwood

Quote from: petercooman on 24 February 2013, 10:34:02 PM
I vote for sucker punch, to keep your mind on the totty  ;)

Yep - good skills Peter  8) :d 8)

Leon

I'm going with MOTD2, followed by some Blue Bloods while I do some computer work...

Quote from: nikharwood on 24 February 2013, 09:54:59 PM
Why did I put my South American Pacific War Chilean army on the painting stand, on the cooker, ready to paint...

I was getting quite worried with that first sentence, imagining a rather less upright army, as they'd started melting on the hob...!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: mad lemmey on 24 February 2013, 06:35:32 PM
I help run Milton Keynes, do pop bye and say hello.

Mothers, you can't live with them, you can't kill em!

Chorus of protest from Norman Bates, Nero, Lizzie Borden....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Hertsblue

Wife's away next weekend on a "yoga break" (how the bog can you do yoga for an entire weekend, for pete's sake?) so a mate and I can get away to a convention purely as punters. Looks like Abingdon's going to be the nearest. Took the new game to Cavalier inTonbridge yesterday. Couldn't find anything to buy. How sick is that? The guys on the Early War Miniatures stand tell me that their "Open Road" latex roads system, currently for 20mm, will be available for 10mm later in the year. Looks good, detail moulded in, and "flops" over terrain. Yes, please!  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

We used to enjoy the Cavalier show, but it was just that bit too far for us, so two days away from home and a lot of petrol!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Quote from: Leon on 24 February 2013, 11:23:25 PM
I was getting quite worried with that first sentence, imagining a rather less upright army, as they'd started melting on the hob...!   :D

;D :o ;D

Si Tyler

So,
if 17 Year Olds are no longer to be treated as adults in the eyes of the law does that mean that they will all be stopped from driving scooters and causing my insurance premium to keep rising by being irresponsible which means I can get cheaper insurance

Techno

Hmmm..
Good point Si.
Cheers - Phil.

Leon

They should limit the size of engine you're allowed for your first year of driving, similar to the restrictions on motorbikes/scooters when you've only got a provisional.  Too many kids racing around in 2.0L cars their parents are insuring for them, and then they wonder why they crash them.

petercooman

It's really simple that one, make your kids pay for their own car.

I bought my first car second hand, a 10 year old corsa. It wasn't much but it got me there, and i drove it with care as i paid for every last cent to get it.

If you haven't worked for it, you take it for granted and are reckless. At least that's my humble opinion.

What Leon says is entirely true though, they don't need a BMW with an exhaust that sounds like a jumbojet, they need something normal and decent to learn how to drive. We all have to admit, even when you get your permit, you are still learning for a considerable while afterwards!

Leon

I had a 1.6L Montego for my first car, which was given to me to be fair, but that was about as big as any 17 year old should have.  I pranged it within 10 days, and had to repair it out of my own pocket.  I've bought all of my own cars since, and have never had another bump.

petercooman

Hertsblue

Quote from: Leon on 26 February 2013, 11:37:38 PM
I had a 1.6L Montego for my first car, which was given to me to be fair, but that was about as big as any 17 year old should have.  I pranged it within 10 days, and had to repair it out of my own pocket.  I've bought all of my own cars since, and have never had another bump.

You got a car at 17? I bought my my first car, an Astra 1300, at 32 out of my redundancy money. (That sounds terribly hard-done-by, doesn't it? It wasn't!)  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 27 February 2013, 10:03:53 AM
You got a car at 17?

It was my great-grandfather's, he couldn't drive anymore so the car was going spare.  It was in great condition for a Montego as well, those things were generally only held together by the rust.   :D