Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM Last Edit: 10 March 2013, 03:18:29 AM by Leon
Like Facebook without the adverts, or Twitter without the character limits, this thread is for any random musings which wander by during the course of your day!  

I suppose the question is... how long can it stay out of the gutter...?!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Driving back to Bristol from Norfolk today I was amazed at how many cars had their headlights on in broad daylight, followed by the amount of drivers cutting in just after overtaking you! Why?

kev1964

Well rather a normal sunday morning in Hungary,will have  been here for four years on tuesday, just finished basing a good sized 6mm brit peninsular army and about 11.30 just had one of those mmm i could just have a dinner time session on the beer, if only there was a decent pub and good beer here but sadly no, well there is an irish bar in the city about 30 mins away that sells guinness at an extortionate price but thats all you can say that is vaugely irish, Luckily got a few beer kits when i was last back in the uk so thats what i decided to do  :D.
Im coming back over on the 9th of april to do the real dinner time session but is there any wargame shows on between the 9th and 16th of may .

cheers,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: kev1964 on 24 February 2013, 06:02:51 PM
Im coming back over on the 9th of april to do the real dinner time session but is there any wargame shows on between the 9th and 16th of may .

There's a couple, depending how north/south you'll be (Pendraken will be at Falkirk):

Carronade (Falkirk) - 11th May

Campaign (Milton Keynes) - 11th – 12th May

A shame you're not here for another few days:

Triples (Sheffield) - 18th – 19th May

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

kev1964

It,s compulsary here to have your lights on whatever time you drive, makes no differance though, even though they see you they still drive like idiots.
The bigger the beamer or merc the bigger the idiot.Well here anyway.

kev1964

Cheers Leon, well it,s not set in stone for my return so maybe a possibility. Milton keynes a defo, have a mate there so could be a good one.

Leon

Volvo's always have their lights on, it's the standard setting.

The ones who get me are those who've got a light out, so decide to put main beam on to compensate?!   >:(

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I help run Milton Keynes, do pop bye and say hello.

My thought for the day, borrowed from Peter Kay: Mothers, you can't live with them, you can't kill em!
Visited us for three days and caused a major row!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Quote from: mad lemmey on 24 February 2013, 06:35:32 PM
My thought for the day, borrowed from Peter Kay: Mothers, you can't live with them, you can't kill em!
Visited us for three days and caused a major row!

Isn't that a mothers job?  :P

Steve J

QuoteThe ones who get me are those who've got a light out, so decide to put main beam on to compensate?!   

Yep, had one of these follow me for about 30 miles on very bad Fen roads making it nigh on impossible to see the road at times >:(.

Techno

Quote from: petercooman on 24 February 2013, 06:39:21 PM
Isn't that a mothers job?  :P

The silver haired Mother in law, who lives in the annexe attached to the house, had an interesting job.
She was a test pilot in a broom factory. :D (The old ones are the best.)
Cheers - Phil.

nikharwood

Why did I put my South American Pacific War Chilean army on the painting stand, on the cooker, ready to paint?

Got the kids in bed, wife with her aunt tonight, walked towards the army and suddenly, inexplicably, my legs veered slightly to the left and I found myself in the fridge, reaching for beer.

I reckon those Volvo lights in my rearview mirror made me swerve.

No painting tonight then...don't want to get caught drunk in charge of a paintbrush  ;) :D

petercooman

Been busy painting my entries, just have to base 2 stands of unioin infantry now and i can start the tedious task of taking pictures tomorrow. I have done 6 stands of acw troops, and a bunch of my normandy 44 british for the painting comp this month.

Huzzah for competition driven effort  :P :P

nikharwood

And now I can't decide what to watch:

- Blandings
- Strike Back - Vengeance
- Sucker Punch
- Get Shorty / Be Cool / Jackie Brown / Out of Sight (I'm on an Elmore Leonard reading buzz)
- Firefly / Serenity

Thoughts?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner