Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammurabi70

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 09 April 2021, 10:14:44 AM
Things like this convinced me that a lot of the "old style" Horse and Musket rules - with their rigid interpretations of base dimensions and strict formations - were simply wrong.

It didn't help that my armies often ended up in a traffic jam resembling Piccadilly Circus at rush hour.

And where are all the supply wagons in all this?  Where were they left?  As I recall it, in Kriegsspiel the train of a brigade took up twice as much space as the deployed units and would be needed for ammunition resupply?  How far back would they be if the artillery limbers were so close?

Techno II

Well, Huzzah !

Radio 4 extra is back up and running. (Since 6, this morning.)

<:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P

Cheers - Phil  :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I know, was thinking it might not reappear. Time signal then music and Dr Morrel appears.  :D :) :P :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

I'm right back on form, regarding self mutilation. X_X

My poor left thumb....Don't know quite how I managed it*, but I've caught it twice in the same place recently.....On the back, below the knuckle......Blood all over the place !!

(Trying to do things too quickly, probably. :-\)

Cheers - A Twit. :-[

You could bottle and sell it as a native cure.....

Techno II

It might have Covid antibodies in it, Ian. Grand idea ! ;)

I nearly took a piccy of four sheets of bright red kitchen towel, and sent it to Nobby...... with the heading "Ooops !"

Cheers - Phil. :)

You'd done that and the local mounties would have been around, sending biologicals through the mail. Mind you they would'nt have arrested you - all Welsh police forces are known as Gurkhas - take no prisoners, do it all by warrent !  ;)

DecemDave

Quote from: Techno II on 18 April 2021, 07:49:37 AM
I'm right back on form, regarding self mutilation. X_X

My poor left thumb....Don't know quite how I managed it*, but I've caught it twice in the same place recently.....On the back, below the knuckle......Blood all over the place !!-[

:-&  Hazard of the hobby.  Managed to push a scalpel right into my thumb last week cleaning up a mold line.  now have one of those ages to heal pencil cut type things which is more irritating than when it happened.

flamingpig0

"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Techno II

I think I've realised how I managed to do 'my cut'......Air drumming along with Carl Palmer, with a brand new 10A blade attached to the handle. :D

AND I've had to switch the stereo back down to between a half and ONE.....'Cos the 'main' kitchen was vibrating. =)

Oh.....how I want to wind it up, so they could hear it in the village....a mile or more away. ;)

Cheers - Phil. ;)

That sort of stero kit is bared under stratigic weapons treaties Phil...

Techno II

When Orcs gets round here in the next few weeks......I might make his ears bleed......
I won't be allowed to do this. ;)....It would cause too much structural damage.

Cheers -  Phil. ;)

Orcs

Quote from: Techno II on 18 April 2021, 03:27:58 PM
When Orcs gets round here in the next few weeks......I might make his ears bleed......
I won't be allowed to do this. ;)....It would cause too much structural damage.

Cheers -  Phil. ;)

My ears have had it. Listened to too much heavy rock/metal at full volume on headphones while painting.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

flamingpig0

Quote from: Techno II on 18 April 2021, 01:55:49 PM
I think I've realised how I managed to do 'my cut'......Air drumming along with Carl Palmer, with a brand new 10A blade attached to the handle. :D

AND I've had to switch the stereo back down to between a half and ONE.....'Cos the 'main' kitchen was vibrating. =)

Oh.....how I want to wind it up, so they could hear it in the village....a mile or more away. ;)

Cheers - Phil. ;)

If Carl was visiting you should have got him to so some painting
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Last Hussar

I may have more Brunswick wrath an the Duke of Brunswick did
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry