Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

I've got to walk up the road with wellies on, to check the gee gees, this morning......Couple of inches (plus) of snow down.

No driving the car over to Cardigan for  a 'shop' today.......Just enough white stuff down to make it risky driving the mile down to the village on the little road....I expect the main road from there will probably be clear.

REALLY glad that the boiler got fixed.  :)

Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

A couple of inches of snow here overnight too Phil, but already a slow thaw is setting in. I still get a childlike thrill at waking to a snow covered landscape, plus the deadening quiet that only snow can bring is lovely. Also the quality of light is just to be savoured :).

Techno II

It's certainly VERY quiet here, Steve. ......I haven't heard a single car drive past Techno Towers this morning.......(Or a tractor.)

I'm basically waiting to see if someone attempts the road this morning, to see how they get on. ;)
From here to the village it's pretty flat for half a mile.....Then there's a quarter of a mile 'uphill'......then a quarter of a mile down hill.

The up and down bit can be a bit of a bugger......I'm not sure if the wee car would cope with the 'uppy' bit.  ;D ;D ;D

Baked beans on toast, this evening.  ;)(At least we've got enough dog and cat food to last a couple of days.)

Cheers - Phil.  :)

fred.

Yesterday it was rather icy and wet early on, so I delayed going for a bike ride till lunch time. When we had a bit of snow mid-morning, I was worried this was going to be a bad idea, but fortunately that snow came to nothing and the sun came out. So I got a nice ride in (which was good, as it had been 12 days since the last one due to illness and weather). Most of the roads and cycle paths were good by that time (as long as you avoided the large puddles in the gutter. But one area of about 100-150 yards of cycle path was still quite snowy / icy - so that was a bit slow and careful to go through. But all in all an enjoyable 20km and good to stretch / spin my legs again!

No snow overnight, but still icy so will see about going out for a slightly longer ride this afternoon.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Snowed yesterday til about lunch time - most gone by early evening, having the Irish sea nextdoor helps a lot.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Loads of families going past with little kids on sleds etc. Perfect snow for snowball fights and making snowmen.

Orcs

Its snowing quite hard here this morning, not sure it will last as rain is predicted later.  Hopefully it will stay cold and continue to snow.

Only reason I have to go outside is to get a bit more wood from the woodstore.

Fortunately we are fairly well stocked up, and like Techno there is always "beans on toast" which is one of my favourites

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Good 2-3" here, again, perfect snowman/dog/rabbit/goose sculpting material for the girls.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Starts snowing every time I open the front door, and stops when I close it !

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

We have a good blanket of snow. Starting to melt a little bit in the sun, but still good and thick.

Techno II

It seems to be thawing, a bit, now......and the road outside has now got a couple of clear 'tracks' to the 'tarmac'.

Been snowing/sleeting on and off for a good proportion of the day.
I've decided against trying to shovel any off the drive.....That usually seems to make it worse, if/when , it freezes overnight. (And my back would moan like hack, anyway.)  ;)

Cheers - Phil. :)

fred.

No snow up here in the very north of Merseyside. Grey - but able to get out for another cycle ride this afternoon. Still not fancying getting back to early morning ones as there is still quite a bit of ice around early on.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Orcs

Going slushy round here now, Probably freeze overnight and make roads treacherous. Good job I am working from home
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson