Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

I've bought some sausage from a german spa town

Things have gone from bad to wurst.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

fsn

Quote from: mmcv on 22 May 2020, 05:42:54 PM
Are you a robot Phil? As those are designed to catch out robots...might explain a few things...

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Shutuphippie

Quote from: Last Hussar on 22 May 2020, 07:28:17 PM
All day I've been trying to work out why 22 May rings a bell.

On TMP somebody has a post about the 211 anniversary of Aspern Essling*

I've only been researching it for over a year...

*Possibly the finest example of a flour mill being used decisively in naval combat.

I visited the battlefield with two friends last year. Two small museums that only seem to open up for 2 hours each once a week and at the same time  (I seem to recall Sunday morning) leading to a pacey walk to visit both whilst we were in Vienna.   Great day with an unexpected highlight being a McDonald's that has a full in Cake section.......... I'll try and look out a picture and post if I can 👍
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Shutuphippie

Tiny museum

Inside

Some fab bits

The Granuary

Large diorama at the granuary

The best McDonald's in the world - EVER..... very civilised 😀

Fab trip, Vienna was very reasonably priced and the people were fab. We even managed to do a tour of some local vineyards on a 'wine' bus that looked like a train 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Techno

Quote from: mmcv on 22 May 2020, 05:42:54 PM
Are you a robot Phil? As those are designed to catch out robots...might explain a few things...

Not when I last checked !!  ;D.....And I'm definitely not bionic.

A 'bot' guessing randomly, would have probably had a better chance of getting it right than I did. X_X

Cheers - Phil :)

Westmarcher

This won't mean much to our non-UK friends, but in line with recent government clarification I took the car out for a 30 mile drive today to check out my eyesight. Somehow I came back with straw on my windscreen and a live chicken in the back.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

fred.

;D ;D

Strangely I have been going to the opticians for many years to do this. But thanks to the most recent government updates while I am staying at home I will go out for a drive to test my eyesight. Then stay at home. It's all good.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Not too political gents, please.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

I thought this was farce, not politics

Oh, wait...
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

Had a realisation today.

Back in December I was awarded a bonus at work (I spent a lot of the year covering 2 posts as we are short staffed) This basically funded my purchase of Allied forces for the 5th coalition.

Dawned on me - 205 years after Waterloo the British government are still making payments so the Austrians will fight the French!

GNU PTerry

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

There's a poor fellow on Twitter called Bernard Castle, who can't figure out why he is receiving so many tweets.