Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Single is much overrated. I don't just mean hot and cold sex on tap, either. I'm more motivated to cook with someone else in the house, groceries are half the chore, and since Lee's discovered outflanking wins battles....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

16 November 2019, 09:16:17 AM #2116 Last Edit: 16 November 2019, 09:30:20 AM by fsn
Hah! Single is peace and quiet; cooking what you want to eat and when, free choice of what to watch ... or not; spending as much time you like on your hobby; etc etc. Tried both, prefer single.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Tax accountant: Marriage is great! I can claim her as an extra expense, we use each other's banks to hide earnings, joint income means we're rolling in it.

Lawyer: Worst institution in the world. One slip up and an expensive divorce, and I lost the house, car, and boat, I'm paying kilotons in alimony, and I see my kids once every two months. Keep a mistress, but never marry!

Actuary: (smugly) I have the perfect situation: a wife and a mistress. When I'm not with the mistress, she thinks I'm with my wife. When I'm not with my wife, she thinks I'm with my mistress. That way, I get to spend more time at the office.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

To your usual standard Alexander  :P
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

I must admit that If my current relationship ended I don't think I would live with a partner again.   I enjoy my own company and as Nobby says - My house, My rules.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Last Hussar

I played a joke on Mrs Sunjester, and Orcs almost go the blame.

Which I object to, because if I'm going to do something insanely suicidal, I want to claim the glory.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 18 November 2019, 06:16:36 PM
I played a joke on Mrs Sunjester, and Orcs almost go the blame.

Which I object to, because if I'm going to do something insanely suicidal, I want to claim the glory.

Yep, I nearly got a clip round the ear!

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

I was looking at clip boards with storage on Amazon.

The Genie M800 is described as "Gummies at the clamp prevent a slipping of the papers while making notes or wind".

Can anyone explain?   :(

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M8JXGAA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Obvious clerical error for "breaking notes or wind". Clear now?

Last Hussar

I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 30 November 2019, 02:13:57 AM
You probably deserved it.

Yes, even  if not for that particular event.  ;D

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 16 November 2019, 12:59:18 AM
Single is much overrated. I don't just mean hot and cold sex on tap,

Cold Sex? ?????? I did not think that you were interested Necrophilia :) :)

FierceKitty

As you grow older, you get adventurous, you know....

Westmarcher

My daughter went to Wetherspoons (a well known pub chain in the UK) and ordered a vegetarian breakfast with grilled tomato. Some time later, out came a vegetarian breakfast with black pudding (a type of blood sausage).  :o  You have to wonder what goes through some people's minds. Why would someone order a vegetarian breakfast with meat?

Her partner went for the full English and asked for poached eggs but was informed they had run out of poached eggs.  #-o  ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

That makes me wonder....Could you poach an egg and then 'fast freeze it'....So it only needs to be microwaved ? (and that's why they'd 'run out' ?)

'Lunch' at Techno Towers, for the past few weeks (plus) has been home grown poached eggs.

'Home grown' eggs are SO better in taste compared to shop bought ones.

(I just wish the sodding chickens wouldn't follow me around and try and get under my feet !......OIKS !)

Cheers - Phil