Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

:D :D :D

Nice to see you have your priorities right!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

lowlylowlycook

Dont' know why but I was served an ad for this while on youtube.  Thinking of getting one for terrain purposes.

Sprayroller!

Last Hussar

While we are on painting...

What's the best way to paint a MDF base so it is completely smooth? Brush strokes are creating air bubbles under my labelling decals.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Noktu

Quote from: Last Hussar on 12 August 2019, 05:59:55 PM
While we are on painting...

What's the best way to paint a MDF base so it is completely smooth? Brush strokes are creating air bubbles under my labelling decals.

Foam brush with a few thinned down layers of paint? Or apply a brush on varnish before painting?

Just my thoughts, not really sure how/why those bubbles are forming there.

fred.

How big are the bubbles?

I usually put a coat of varnish on before putting on decals.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Last Hussar

Quote from: Noktu on 12 August 2019, 07:07:24 PM
Foam brush with a few thinned down layers of paint? Or apply a brush on varnish before painting?

Just my thoughts, not really sure how/why those bubbles are forming there.

Its the ridges caused by the bristles.

GNU PTerry

Noktu

Quote from: Last Hussar on 12 August 2019, 09:11:28 PM
Its the ridges caused by the bristles.

Then I'd probably go down the foam brush route. How large areas are we speaking of?

Last Hussar

10x20, 20x40

The sponges I have don't seem to spread that well.

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just found your place on an OS map Techno, yup, it's the middle of nowhere!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 August 2019, 05:26:54 PM
Just found your place on an OS map Techno, yup, it's the middle of nowhere!

Will.....You know what my address is......You can do a 'Google Earth' look. ;)......(Leon has !)....It's only a mile away from a really good village.....which has just about got everything that a decent sized town has.
(With the possible exception of a bank.....and how many towns are missing those now ?)

Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

Just spent roughly an hour over 4 phone calls resolving a query on my credit card statement. This included a dubious transaction for an Edinburgh hotel we stayed in earlier this month which was in addition to our pre-paid B&B accommodation. Incorrect because we did not incur any additional costs for anything else during our stay there. The only other time the card was used by me was to pay a restaurant bill in the city centre. Somehow, the amount looked familiar - yet, there was no mention of the restaurant bill on my statement. How was it (hopefully) resolved?

Turns out, the restaurant had purchased a re-conditioned card reader (new ones are more expensive) .... which happened to have been previously owned by the same hotel chain we had booked our stay with ... and as the restaurant hadn't changed the settings, instead of the restaurant name appearing on my credit card statement, the hotel chain's did! 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

NCIS.....Rule 39.....There is no such thing as a coincidence.  ;)

Good you got it sorted, Davy !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

See Elon Musk re. life is actually a simulation. Even Grimes is now making records and videos based on this premise.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

lowlylowlycook

My mom's new medicine has to be refrigerated and so comes packed in styrofoam coolers.  I was kind of wondering if I could find a use for them and then I had an idea.

Almost too perfect a fit.  Might be a few months before I have extra to turn into hills or other terrain.