Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

I'm definitely doing it - a c16 Scottish V1 - with the Mona Lisa as nose art!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

The Scots, did of course have V1s at Flodden, James was very interested in modern weaponry.

Alas, James had a falling out with Herr Von Braun and had him detained in Edinburgh.

It was only when setting up on Flodden Edge that James realised he had left behind the one man who could read and understand the manuals detailing the setup and operation of the devices.

If only .... Scottish History could have been so different :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Leonardo did draw many very interesting noses!

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

lowlylowlycook

Here is a picture of me vibrating some plastic packaging "molds" filled with plaster.  It's the top of my high efficiency washer which is quite vigorous when trying to wring out as much water as possible.  We'll see how it is at wringing out air bubbles.  At least they didn't walk off the machine and make a huge mess on the floor.

Westmarcher

Had a thoroughly enjoyable time last weekend driving a Chieftain, FV430 APC, an Abbot and a Stormer with Starstreak HVM launcher followed by a visit to IWM Duxford.  8)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

That sounds like a HUGE amount of fun, Davy !! :)

Somewhat of the opposite nature of what happened here this morning.

I'd got my morning tablets all sorted out, and left in the lid/tray, on the work surface, while I popped to the loo.
Whilst in the smallest room, I heard one of the mutts attempting to get at the empty tins of dog food, I'd left near my pills.

Back into the kitchen......Put empty tins 'out of reach' and went to pick up my pills......There was one of my blood pressure ones missing.
Couldn't find it anywhere.....Panic sets in....The damn dog must have taken it !.....EEEK !......More searching.....No the pill's definitely gone....Almost certainly down the dog's neck.

Phone the emergency vet....Waited for the call back.

Upshot of it was, even if the dog had taken the tablet....It wouldn't do him any harm.
Apparently vet's will prescribe exactly the same pill for dos with B/P problems.

PHEW !

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That will get your own blood pressure up then!  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

;D ;D ;D

Indeed I am lucky b*gg*r, Paul (birthday gift from daughter), and 'yes' it was great fun, Phil.

Somehow, I've now got a hankering to invade somewhere ...
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 11 July 2019, 08:00:20 AM
That will get your own blood pressure up then!  ;D

It was 'stomach churning' more than anything, Will.

...But you're probably right.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

fsn

14 July 2019, 12:32:57 AM #1945 Last Edit: 14 July 2019, 12:35:28 AM by fsn
I've whittered on about Flodden recently, so obviously I'm not doing anything about it.* Actually, I've been tidying up my Wars of the Roses stuff and as a balance, some 1960's British aeroplanes. These are great. They're so Science Fiction. I've got the majestic Vulcan, the perky Hunter, the ponderous Javelin and the workmanlike Canberra. My favourite is the English Electric Lightning. It was the Lightning that my Dad worked on or many years, and in certain aspects it looks just like Thunderbird 1.

*Actually, placed my final order(s) for the Scots today. Can get painting once they arrive.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I rather suspect that it should be Thunderbird 1 looks like a Lightening. Sat in the cockpit of one once.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

You're quite right. I got a real close up at a families day once. They are impressive beasties.

Techno

There used to be (what I assumed was a Lightning) on some sort of 'plinthy' type thing, very 'visible'.... very close to the A1 a few (?) miles South of Newark.

I never sussed what it was doing there, as the glimpses were so quick.

Anyone got any ideas what it was doing there ?

Cheers - Phil

Isn't Binbrook around there ? That would explain it.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021