Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

Ever looked into standing desks? The full desks can be pretty expensive but you can get cheaper toppers that go on top of an existing sitting desk and then can be adjusted to your height. Might be a good long term solution and a bit more stable than the chair on the desk. Haven't used one my self but some people swear by them for working on computers, etc. Would be tempted myself as while I've not had back problems, prevention is the best cure! I am very wary of hunching over desks when painting.

fsn

17 June 2019, 08:42:45 AM #1921 Last Edit: 17 June 2019, 08:46:23 AM by fsn
I've discovered another inappropriate music link. For a while now, I have realised that every time I hear of Boko Haram I sing "Whiter Shade of Pale". Every time I hear Isis I sing "Iko Iko", and my new one is on hearing about the protests in Hong Kong, I sing the Hollies classic "Hey Carrie Lam, what's your game now, can anybody play?"

You'll be doing it too. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Of similar ilk, when I bring the dog in from her walk instead of saying In you go, I always say Inigo Jones.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

Just finished watching the end of a 2012 edition of World of Sport which featured double decker bus racing. So disappointed that the finishing line did not consist of someone waiting at a bus stop.  :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

;D ;D ;D - oh wouldn't that have been peachy!

fsn

Well, that's mildly annoying!

I put three orders in to Pendraken ... I'm not indecisive .. well, at least I don't think I am ... or am I?  :-\

Anyway. I put in three orders to Pendraken and they've all shipped. Order 1 has arrived, order 3 has arrived ... but of order 2 there is no sign!

And that had the kernel of my Flodden Scots in it.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Leman

Would that be colonel Hamish McTavish?

fsn

fsn

I am pleased to report that Colonel McTavish and his detachment (re)joined the ranks today.

Lovely figures - some fillers for the Wars of the Roses and some heft to the Flodden Scots.

I am slightly concerned that Flodden may take a small step back to allow for a V1 ... or two. 

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: fsn on 24 June 2019, 08:48:29 PM

I am slightly concerned that Flodden may take a small step back to allow for a V1 ... or two. 
They do a V2?  :o
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Yes :o GRX15 V2 with launch trailer + towing vehicle (formerly code GR176)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

d_Guy

Prehaps, instead of dragging those ridiculously heavy guns all the way to Flodden Edge, a few batteries of V2s In Edinburgh might be the ticket. Maybe a few V1s as heralds. Signs and wonders, gentlemen, signs and wonders.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Leman

Did someone drag the ageing Leonardo to Edinburgh?