Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Interesting indeed!

Until now I had never considered gluing wee bits of tartan on to my figures.  :-\

The capercaillie looked like a Vespa from that angle.  :D
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Leon

Well that's good timing, I've just updated the webphotos on the 1745 range!  https://pendraken.co.uk/18th-century/1745-jacobite-scots/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Westmarcher

I was surfing the web there in my often 'random' manner and I came across this report on the BBC about the CIA releasing 13m pages of declassified documents online .... things like secret UFO research programmes, the Stargate Project involving psychic research, etc. 

I particularly liked the recipes for invisible ink. Have a look.  ;D ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38663522
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Westmarcher

Quote from: Westmarcher on 16 December 2017, 11:56:23 PM
I was surfing the web there in my often 'random' manner and I came across this report on the BBC about the CIA releasing 13m pages of declassified documents online .... things like secret UFO research programmes, the Stargate Project involving psychic research, etc. 

I particularly liked the recipes for invisible ink. Have a look.  ;D ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38663522

Heh!  :o   When Mrs Westie and I looked at this last night, the picture with the caption, "Recipes for invisible ink," was blank!   :o
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Westmarcher

Boobed big time, there!  Having a beer and a malt whisky whilst watching a movie (Whitehouse Down). About to top-up my beer when Mrs Westie spoke to me - replied to her then topped up my malt whisky instead of the beer!   #-o

Tastes not too bad, actually.  :-[

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Quote from: Westmarcher on 02 January 2018, 10:09:25 PM
Boobed big time, there!  Having a beer and a malt whisky whilst watching a movie (Whitehouse Down). About to top-up my beer when Mrs Westie spoke to me - replied to her then topped up my malt whisky instead of the beer!   #-o

Tastes not too bad, actually.  :-[

Should point out the movie is "White House Down" (and not some sick movie about Mary Whitehouse).

fsn

Oooh! I've seen that one!  It'a all about a new president being elected then finding the Oval Office covered is soft feathers!

IIRC  :-[ ... and I don't know if it's still true, but the a certain magazine's website - too graphic to be called a gentleman's periodical - and the website of the US Prez differed only in extention (and take that any way you want.) Something like whitehouse.com was the nekkid ladies and whitehouse.gov was the self-styled leader of the free world. At least that's what 14 senators and 34 congressmen said to their wives.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Quote from: fsn on 03 January 2018, 07:42:40 AM
IIRC  :-[ ... and I don't know if it's still true, but the a certain magazine's website - too graphic to be called a gentleman's periodical - and the website of the US Prez differed only in extention (and take that any way you want.) Something like whitehouse.com was the nekkid ladies and whitehouse.gov was the self-styled leader of the free world. At least that's what 14 senators and 34 congressmen said to their wives.

There used to be a rather posh restaurant in Wellington called the Whitehouse, a colleague took some customers to dinner there in a previous role. His rather large expense claim was rejected by the accounts team in Auckland. Apparently there is a Whitehouse in Auckland that claims in it's advertising to be a "gentleman's club".

Once he pointed out the different natures of the two establishments his expenses were paid #:-S
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Insight into the mind of FSN.

Painting some Korean War US Panthers -1:600 from Tumbling Dice.
"Oh. I don't have the right decals for these. Must pop onto Dom's Decals and order some."

Goes onto website and selects 1 set of post war US stars.

"Hmmm, £1. That's not a very good order. Poor Dom. Not worth his while."
"Did I get the North Vietnamese insignia for later on? No. Well, I can pop those in as well. Better get some more US Stars for the Viet Nam war."
"Order now £3. That's not very good. Almost derisory."

"Hang on. I've just ordered decals for the Viet Nam war ... have I got the aircraft?"
"I remember painting Phantoms and Mig21s. Was that for Viet Nam? No, hang on, they were the Arab-Israeli - look you've got 3/4 of a set of Israeli stars here."
"Oh yes. That means I don't have any aircraft for Viet Nam. Fortunately you can get Tumbling Dice from Dom. Let's have a look."

A few minutes later

Order placed for £47.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

paulr

d_Guy

The truley amazing part is that you will shortly realize that you forgot one set you really need! This will result in another cascade of events I call self-interested civic virtue.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Matt J

For a man with 50 shirts that is mere pocket change  ;)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

paulr

fsn

I'm still waiting for my decals from Dom.  :( He's got an apology on his website; seems he's been ill.

Anyway, with the Korean War being on hold I've actually managed to complete a project. I think this is the first time since I joined the forum that I've actually started something ... and then finished it.

I now have a significant force of 1:600 Italian WWII aircraft.

It's based on a squadron (12) of SM79's protected by a squadron of CR42s. Then, for fun, I've added some bombers - BR20s, Z1007s, and SM82's (which are quite big!) and a half squadron of BA65s light bombers.

For a bit more protection, there are half squadrons of MC202, RE2001 and G50 fighters. In total 35 bombers and 30 fighters.

in general, they're fun to paint having several variations on a theme. I accidentally painted the Fiat G50s in the reference colours for the BA65s ... in a totally deliberate attempt to confuse the Tommies.  :-[

So .. on to the French!

Fritz the Fox says "While the French air force probably spent more time painting their planes than actually flying them during World War 2 ... their few airworthy planes soon littered the French countryside like lawn darts at a family picnic. But they blended in nicely with the landscape."*

Hmmm ... doesn't sound very promising.

I have a squadron of the mighty Bloch MB200 and a couple of even mightier Farman 222 as bombers, protected by the French Bf110, the Potez 633. For fighters I have squadrons of Dewoitine D520 and Morane-Saulnier MS406 aircraft. total of 14 bombers, 6 heavy fighters and 24 fighters.

Why so many Italians vs French? I took advantage of Tumbling Dice's discount packs for the Italians. Good value ... if you want a large number of different aircraft types.

D520 and CR42

*http://www.fritzthefox.com/french_camo_guide.html