Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

In my zeal to talk about things that make me sick (a preoccupation of old duffers such as myself) I completely missed fsn's YouTube contribution:  ;D They presented a typology of stereotypes I had never considered. Nice! All of which seemed to have been employed by Kenneth Mars as Inspector Kemp in Young Frankenstein.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Westmarcher

Quote from: d_Guy on 14 March 2017, 11:43:45 PM
.... All of which seemed to have been employed by Kenneth Mars as Inspector Kemp in Young Frankenstein.

Was on the TV the other day in the UK .....  ;D

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Westmarcher

I was recently watching an episode of Greatest Tank Battles - Korea in which one of the veterans describes how the enemy came at them like one of these Japanese Bonsai charges ......

:)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

d_Guy

Thick they were and amongst the tiny trees.

Westmarcher

Not sure many of them have 'twigged' yet, d_guy.  ;D

Techno

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

First of my three trips to two different hospitals over the next 5 days.  X_X

Full (almost) MOT test......Apparently for a couple of the 'things', I'm 'Super normal'.  :D
"120%" Lung capacity for someone of my age and build.....100% Oxygen saturation in my blood...ECG must have been fine, because there wasn't any comment about that. Blood Pressure was really good....Body Mass Index WAS low.....Well....There's a surprise.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

When it came down to actually discussing why I'd been called in to see him....The Doc said, that as far as he was concerned, I'd been called in WAY too early anyway.....He wants me to have another CT scan to check out this 'spot' (singular....the local surgery had said 'a couple'.).........And see if it changes (or disappears) over the next few months.....THEN he'll be interested.

Told me not to worry, as it's not actually 'a mass' and may be something as trivial as a scar/scar tissue. (That's nice to know...I was a bit bothered about this one.)
When he told Von and I to have a look at the CT scan/s.........He couldn't find the spot !

"It was there yesterday !" Said he......."Must be better resolution on the screen I was looking at yesterday."

Anyway...If I'm not around very much on Monday or Tuesday, we'll be zipping back and forth to the hospitals.

Cheers - Phil

d_Guy

Sounds like thing are going better, Phil!
"Enjoy" all the "doctoring"  :)

paulr

That news definitely sounds promising :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Thanks chaps.  :)

As I said yesterday....This one was bothering me slightly.
Still got the potential for something else to 'be wrong'..(In the worst scenario) But that one should be able to be dealt with, with keyhole surgery...So I'd be out of action for a lot less time.

I forgot to say.....The consultant asked what I did for a living....When I explained, he said "Oh....Warhammer, sort of thing...I liked Dungeons & Dragons myself."

Cheers - Phil

fsn

From Facebook:
The Polish PL-01 light tank was unveiled in "concept vehicle" form in 2013, and should (hopefully) enter service in 2018. It mounts either an autoloaded main gun (105 or 120mm, to be decided) in a remote turret, with all three crew in blast-protected seats in the hull. Automotively, it is based on the Swedish CV90 IFV, with a new hull and turret developed in conjunction with BAE. Interestingly, the vehicle is coated with radio and radar absorbent material and a thermal masking system to reduce observability.

When will Pendraken be bringing this out in 10mm?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dave

Quote from: fsn on 03 April 2017, 08:00:13 PM

From Facebook:
The Polish PL-01 light tank was unveiled in "concept vehicle" form in 2013, and should (hopefully) enter service in 2018. It mounts either an autoloaded main gun (105 or 120mm, to be decided) in a remote turret, with all three crew in blast-protected seats in the hull. Automotively, it is based on the Swedish CV90 IFV, with a new hull and turret developed in conjunction with BAE. Interestingly, the vehicle is coated with radio and radar absorbent material and a thermal masking system to reduce observability.

When will Pendraken be bringing this out in 10mm?

Shall I cancel the chieftain!!!!!! ;D