Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

Quote from: paulr on 06 August 2021, 09:08:35 AM
:-bd =D> :-bd

My frequent advice, the edges of those flags would look a lot better with a touch of paint, in this case the black standard

Agreed. Despite the picture quality issue, looking good.  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

fsn

Anyone seen my mojo?

It was here a minute ago.

Thought it was under the cushions, but it's not there.

Wonder if I've thrown it out with that pizza box?  :-\  Don't know if I can be bothered to look in the bin.

I blame Ithoriel. I dusted off my Traveller books instead of ploughing on through the Bavarians.  Lasers instead of Jaegers.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

You are "A very naughty boy".  You know that when you loose something you must go and look for it properly - not a "Daddy Look"

Just because you may have thrown it in a yucky bin you need to go and find it - you can always wash your hands afterwards - Yes with soap and water.

Think how pleased you will be when you find it again. Then you can get those bravarians done.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Heedless Horseman

16 August 2021, 04:30:33 AM #3604 Last Edit: 16 August 2021, 04:34:50 AM by Heedless Horseman
A Mojo does not leave you forever, but it can be possessed of a 'wandering spirit'.

There IS a way to 'call' it back to within yourself.

Sit. Place your hands upon a table.
Imagine a Butterfly alighting upon your hand.
Wonder at the delicacy of its intricate markings.
Breathe slowly and deeply.
Remove all clothing and step outside.
Raise hands to the sky with fingers extended to draw back the Mojo from its heavenly wanderings.
Sing:

"Mojo...Ho...Toh!"
Repeat three times... then bend and touch fingers to the blessed earth three times.

A wandering Mojo may have travelled far... so repeat the call until it returns to you, refreshed in spirit.

Or, you could paint something instead. 
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

fsn

I took your advice ... the police persons were very understanding.

They also suggested I stay indoors and paint. In fact they rather insisted upon it.

Consequently,  I managed to finish off the 1st Bttn 11th Bavarian infantry in their cornflower blue with green facings.
So that's good.

The old lady who fainted is also OK.
That's good.

She's invited me round for tea.

Heedless Horseman

16 August 2021, 09:32:56 AM #3607 Last Edit: 16 August 2021, 09:45:25 AM by Heedless Horseman
Honoured Sirs!
It has been indicated to myself that the ancient chant of:
"Mojo... Ho...Toh!"... with much beneficial effect for the calling of wandering Mojo... may, in  instance, have been misunderstood by Honoured British  Soldiers... and  very unfortunately confused with the chant of:
"Mo... Toh...Jo! !" which, if regretably mispronounced... may have unfortunate meanings when performing the 'Calling' of a wandering Mojo. Profuse apology!
May your Mojo return with much Happinesses!
Tea is always nice.

Steve J

Hmmm, I love the bees in our garden but on Saturday one of the little blighters stung me as I was dead heading some flowers. Aside from the sting itself, nothing really showed until Sunday, when my arm started to swell up, moving up to my elbow and down to my hand by end of play. So today I went to the doctors (I did consider a walk in centre last night) this morning and am now on anti-biotics as it appears to have become infected, along with antihistamines too. I still feel for the poor bee that died though :(.

Heedless Horseman

Quote from: Steve J on 16 August 2021, 09:43:56 AM
Hmmm, I love the bees in our garden but on Saturday one of the little blighters stung me as I was dead heading some flowers. Aside from the sting itself, nothing really showed until Sunday, when my arm started to swell up, moving up to my elbow and down to my hand by end of play. So today I went to the doctors (I did consider a walk in centre last night) this morning and am now on anti-biotics as it appears to have become infected, along with antihistamines too. I still feel for the poor bee that died though :(.
No issues with Bees, but started to 'interfere' with underground Wasp nest...(thankfully small!)... when gardening.  Three stings on Head! No adverse reaction...but, sadly, gleeful to 'Nuke' nest with 'killer'.  ;)

Steve J

I've never had a reaction like this before. I was stung just below the eye by a wasp once that puffed up to the point of almost closing my eye, but only due to so much soft tissue there which allowed the inflammation to spread. It did look weird and having a nearly fully closed eye for a few days was strange.

Techno II

Not fun, Steve ! :o

Hope you feel 'right' soon.

Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

Thanks Phil. The swelling is going down a bit now the antibiotics are beginning to kick in. Fingers crossed (not on swollen hand ;)) I can start doing stuff again tomorrow.

Orcs

FSN was lucky said bees were not about when he was recovering his Mojo.  He could have been stung in some very painful places

P.S.  He might have been pleased if a certain part of his anatomy swelled up beyond its normal size  :d
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 16 August 2021, 10:00:42 AM
No issues with Bees, but started to 'interfere' with underground Wasp nest...(thankfully small!)... when gardening.  Three stings on Head! No adverse reaction...but, sadly, gleeful to 'Nuke' nest with 'killer'.  ;)

Only three!!
Those wasps are losing their touch.

I remember dissuading a workmate who had a wasp nest in his attic from "have a go hero" tactics.

Him: I'm going to wear a heavy coat, rubber gloves and hit them with a stick, then run away and drop through the attic trapdoor.

Me: Have you timed that run? Seems like a recipe for a house full of angry wasps.