Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Hot and sunny here. I fear we will pay for it later with more thunder, lighting and torrents of rain.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

You could cut the atmosphere with a knife here and we're all praying it might rain tonight to possibly alleviate some of the heat and humidity.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Steve J

Two storms bypassed us, but at least the pre-storm breeze cooled things down a bit, making it just about bearable. Still forecast for thunderstorm to hit us tonight...

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Some rumbles off in the distance last night, a sky promising heavy weather. and some rain for about 10 mins.

(Bet Phil cant see the quote)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Yes he can !  ;)

Wasn't too bad yesterday...Hot and humid, but not AS bad as Tuesday...Disconnected the PC from the line late yesterday afternoon, when there were 'rumbles' about....But we seem to have got bypassed by just about everything.

I don't think we even had a spot of rain, overnight. A couple of very distant flashes of lightning and that was it.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Some rain in the night but no thunderstorms, or ones that woke us up. A lovely breeze today that is making it much more bearable thank God!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Only 19 degrees C today, but torrential rain. Soooooo much better!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Oh, Goody........ X_X

It IS another bloomin' mouth to feed.

The little (semi-feral) cat has decided that she's (we think it's a young 'she') moved in.....So I now have to buy cat food to keep 'her' happy.

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 15 August 2020, 06:06:19 PM
Oh, Goody........ X_X

It IS another bloomin' mouth to feed.

The little (semi-feral) cat has decided that she's (we think it's a young 'she') moved in.....So I now have to buy cat food to keep 'her' happy.

Cheers - Phil

Who's idea was it to feed her? ..... You do sound quite taken with her.

Don't feed her too much, she might deal with some of your rodents for you.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

This is now three weeks in a row that our neighbours have had a party, with no social distancing, more than one other family and being very loud to put it mildly. Sadly they are not the sort one would approach to have a gentle word about their behaviour :(.

paulr

In NZ at the moment we have a confidential reporting line to the Police for people like that
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Orcs on 15 August 2020, 08:30:24 PM
Who's idea was it to feed her? ..... You do sound quite taken with her.

Don't feed her too much, she might deal with some of your rodents for you.

A fed cat makes a better mouser; they kill more for fun when they're sated. Sadistic little brutes.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

mmcv

Quote from: paulr on 15 August 2020, 10:23:13 PM
In NZ at the moment we have a confidential reporting line to the Police for people like that

We have that in the UK too, you can do it online or just call 101 and it's one of the options to report a social distancing violation. If it's small scale they'll likely not care but a big party they might send someone out.