Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: Steve J on 11 August 2020, 04:11:23 PM
By God it's been very hot AND humid today. I honestly can't remember when we had a period of weather such as this in the UK. Can't wait for it to cool down so we can all get some sleep!

I am on nights - Try sleeping during the day when its hotter and brilliant sun, even the blackout blind cannot stop all of it (Oh woe is me  :()
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Good storm here in LB right now Orcs
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 11 August 2020, 09:59:37 PM
Good storm here in LB right now Orcs
I like a good storm, nothing here in Hatfield
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Impressive light show, distant rumbles of thunder and intermittent torrential rain here.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Nowt ere despite the yellow weather warning
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

No rain at all and the hottest night I can remember for some 25 years or so; didn't even need a sheet to cover me all night. 26c in the hallway at 6.00am this morning, so probably touching 30c upstairs. Apparently it might get above 34c somewhere in the UK today, which will be the 6th day in a row that that's happened!

Techno

Uh-oh !

I'm starting to see some blue sky, in amongst the cloud cloud layer.....as long as it's NOT as hot as yesterday.

Cheers - Phil

It's going to be 'otter........

Techno

Noooooooooo...... X_X

(Is it just me....or does that do funny things to anyone else's eyes ?.....the O's look wibbly wobbly.)

Cheers - Phil ;)

Steve J

Hard to tell as I've got a headache already from the heat and it's due to be hotter here today than yesterday!!! We might get some thunderstorms but the overnight temperature is, again, due to be higher than last night :'(.

Quote from: Techno on 12 August 2020, 07:50:14 AM
Noooooooooo...... X_X

(Is it just me....or does that do funny things to anyone else's eyes ?.....the O's look wibbly wobbly.)

Cheers - Phil ;)

Just a little Phil

mmcv

We're actually getting reasonably pleasant weather for a change. My sister in England is having the heat, my brother in Scotland the thunderstorms and here in NI we've a clear day in the low twenties and a gentle breeze.

Raider4

I'm in the office today - air conditioning is a wonderful thing . . .

Might come back tonight with an air mattress and sleep here  ;)

Steve J

QuoteMight come back tonight with an air mattress and sleep here 

Sounds very sensible to me!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner