Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

We did, actually. It takes quite a lot to spook Valentine and Puck, but even they were clearly wondering whether we should be retiring to the shelter, or possibly grabbing a place on the ark.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Still cracking the flags here mate
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No storms here but it is raining, there are some small ones on Angelsy, and Telkford is under massive bombardment....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

After yesterday's heat we have rain. It is now hot and humid.  :(

Still at least next door won't be setting off an barbecue and kippering me as I work.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

02 July 2020, 07:21:39 AM #2374 Last Edit: 02 July 2020, 10:37:21 AM by Techno
I got a phone call from a certain person residing in Middlesbrough last night. (I was sitting in the kitchen, watching the tele, having just started 'doing grub.'

"Hang on, Mr 'X'  :D, I'll go into the 'study', so I can check on my lists. (Of figures to be made.)

We then spent a jolly twenty minutes, most of which involved me saying......"Ooo....can I have some of these.....a set of those.....what am I supposed to be doing to this lot."
At the end of twenty minutes, I had to put the phone down, so I could set my watch for a final 5 minute countdown to food....Continue with lists.

Watch 'goes off'........"I'd better go now, 'X'.....I think we've covered everything...I'll mail you if I've got any queries.

Go back to kitchen......Acrid smoke wafting around......"OH PANTS !......The peas have boiled dry.......It didn't half stink ! (I can still smell it, this morning.)

Hey Ho  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil.

Before you ask....Von was down in the study, as well.......So she hadn't noticed, either.

sunjester

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 02 July 2020, 07:47:07 AM
Smoke alarm !?

There's only a Carbon monoxide alarm in the kitchen......(I mean.....WHY ?)

There are smoke alarms all OVER the place....A couple of which, have minds of their own. (Sodding, frigging things !  ;D ;D ;D)

What I didn't put down, was.......I always put sugar into the water, when I'm 'doing' peas.....So the pan was 'baked' with a thin layer of 'carbon'.
Hey.....I know an easy way to get rid of that. :> :> :>

Vinegar + Water....Boil....Take off heat....Add baking soda......Job almost done.

I forgot that the best plan of action, at this point, is to put the pan in the sink.....When it goes FIZZ....Not leave it on the gas hob.....

That was yet another cleaning job. :'( :'( :'( :'(

With use of a Brillo pad....Said saucepan almost gleams, now.

Cheers - Phil. ;D ;D ;D

Phil - I'd see a medic about your acident proneness   :d

FierceKitty

You'd turn PHIL loose in an environment with scalpels, syringes, bone saws, hard radiation, powerful narcotics... :o :o :o :o :o :o
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Only said medic cause I cana spell physciatrist !  :O)

Techno

Quote from: FierceKitty on 02 July 2020, 12:00:15 PM
You'd turn PHIL loose in an environment with scalpels, syringes, bone saws, hard radiation, powerful narcotics... :o :o :o :o :o :o

Alexander.......You forgot three gallons of......."Is this petrol (gas) or diesel ? " :-\

WHOOPH !

Cheers - Mr No Eyebrows.? (I really WAS lucky, that day.)