Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Techno

And he's not a happy bunny this morning, 'cos the arm on his 'best' glasses has just broken again. =) X_X

Not even Araldite lasts very long. :(

PLEASE let the opticians be open tomorrow, so I can finally sort a new arm for them !

Cheers - Mr trying to type anything out with the glasses I've got on, is a pain.......At least they're OK for long distance.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Some peps never stop complaining.   ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

You were doing SO well...up until the last few words, Nobby.

(And to think I so nearly deliberately deleted one of your posts yesterday.....(The one you replaced 'cos you'd 'lost' the original)....And being nice, I didn't.
I really should have, just to see your reaction. :P

Cheers - Phil  ;) :)

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 21 June 2020, 08:17:47 AM
You were doing SO well...up until the last few words, Nobby.
Well, as has been observed by many ladies of Runcorn, I just couldn't keep it up. 

Quote from: Techno on 21 June 2020, 08:17:47 AM
(And to think I so nearly deliberately deleted one of your posts yesterday.....(The one you replaced 'cos you'd 'lost' the original)....And being nice, I didn't.
I really should have, just to see your reaction. :P
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 21 June 2020, 07:54:23 AM
And he's not a happy bunny this morning, 'cos the arm on his 'best' glasses has just broken again. =) X_X
Not that I'm paranoid, but I have my downstairs glasses, my 2nd downstairs glasses, my upstairs glasses, my wargames room glasses, my painting glasses, my work glasses, my spare work glasses, my emergency work glasses, and my real emergency glasses which I keep with my emergency glasses repair kit. 

Hope the optician is open and you get sorted.

I really started to value my eyesight when I started to lose it.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hope it's sorted soon Phil, otherwise you won't be able to read the sheet music for Flight of The Bumblebee
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 21 June 2020, 10:30:25 AM
Hope it's sorted soon Phil,

Same here, Will.

I 'repaired' the 'best/newest' pair this morning.....before I did a shop....and they're still holding. :)

I have umpteen pairs of 'spares'.....Most of which are a damn sight better than nothing at all.
I recently found a pair that must have been 'newer' than what I was regarding as my last 'old ones'....Go figure.....(Those last 'old ones', I can see perfectly well enough through  the left lens......The right....Well....I tend to shut my right eye so I can see clearly.)

I think the odd pair that are (for now) my reserve pair.....I must have given up on, because the lenses are much smaller..than 'wot I like'.

The problem with being as short sighted as I am......If I have glass lenses....they're as thick as the bottom of a beer bottle....and drag the frames down my nose, all the time.
This is why I always wear a 'sport's band,' to keep the sods in place.
If I cut down the weight by having plastic lenses.....They're too prone to getting scratched.

Hey Ho ! ;)

Cheers - Phil (Rambling away, as usual. :P)

FierceKitty

Stick on the broken bit with superglue, then wrap it in a strip of muslin soaked in epoxy. You'll look a total nerd, but it should hold.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

I hope Phil will let it set before he puts it on.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

X_X ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's almost like being back to my early years in 'secondary' school.

I was forever snapping/bending the plastic arms on my 'specs'.....and doing the 'nerdy thing' with evo-stick and 'sticky backed plastic'.
I DO remember that I had a couple of pairs of 'specs' that had 'windscreen' type glass.....So they would shatter, rather than splinter.......safe, for example, if I got a cricket ball in the face.

THOSE were much thicker than anything I wear nowadays !

They would have been something pretty close to around 1cm thick, around the edge....I'm genuinely not joking.
If I could only go back to wearing 'contract' lenses......(No chance.....Sigh  =)

Cheers - Phil. :)

Yes beer bottles have got thiner in the last 1000 yrs.

Last Hussar

I knew someone who had incredibly thick glasses.  She had contacts that were etched with a prism type thingie.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Techno

And now, over to the weather, with Phil :-B

Anyone else have an Armageddon type thunderstorm last night ?

Stroll on it was a 'bit fierce', over here, late last night/early this morning.  :o.....
And absolutely heaving down with the wet stuff.

As usual, it'll give me chance to curse the boiler, while I reset everything on it.  ;D ;D ;D
I've said it before...The boiler's the big pain when we have a mains 'flick'. =)

Cheers - Phil