Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 26 May 2020, 10:12:09 PM
I think this might be Orcs... :o :o

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=530803

Thank you for the compliment and i quote from your own post on TMP - "a good looking chap with some obvious intelligence"
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Last Hussar

If you were thinner and had hair.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

GNU PTerry

Techno

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 27 May 2020, 10:29:15 PM
There's a poor fellow on Twitter called Bernard Castle, who can't figure out why he is receiving so many tweets.

I was listening to a story, a short while ago, that kept mentioning Bernard Castle.
It only stuck in my mind, because it made me think of Barnard's Star from H2G2. ;)

Quote from: Last Hussar on 28 May 2020, 01:05:48 AM
And intelligence.

Oooo.....is it pick on Orcs day ?
Can anyone join in ? ;)

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Barnard Castle is the last place I went to when on holiday with my parents. It was a gloriously sunny day, we went to Bowes Museum and saw the mechanical swan in action, wandered round the castle that presumably gives the place it's name, had a brief stroll around the town centre and finished up by eating some rather nice ice cream cones in the car.

Well worth a visit if/ when there is no lockdown.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Last Hussar

Pick on Orcs day?
More like century!

GNU PTerry

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 28 May 2020, 06:27:53 AM

Oooo.....is it pick on Orcs day ?
Can anyone join in ? ;)

Cheers - Phil

No - it's still pick on Phil day as allways
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

No change there, then.  ;D

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 28 May 2020, 01:50:33 PM
Barnard Castle is the last place I went to when on holiday with my parents. It was a gloriously sunny day, we went to Bowes Museum and saw the mechanical swan in action, wandered round the castle that presumably gives the place it's name, had a brief stroll around the town centre and finished up by eating some rather nice ice cream cones in the car.

Well worth a visit if/ when there is no lockdown.

Sounds nice, but a bit to far north. Only been up that far for a holiday 3 times in my life.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fred.

Bernard Castle is a lovely little market town, with a good castle right there in the middle of the town. We visit (briefly) quite often as it is on the route from us over to Durham and the NE, and its a good half-way point to stop and have a walk around and visit a cafe.

Never had call to visit their opticians though.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It also has a rather large prison, and is 2 miles from the HQ of Glaxo-Smith-Kline-Wellcome...

Just saying...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

QuoteBarnard Castle means 'pathetic excuse' in Durham slang that's over 150-years-old

GNU PTerry

Techno

I forgot to say...... yesterday.....Saw a polecat beetling across the road, 300 yards from home...Not seen one of those for years.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

Is being Techno catching?

Because I'm using a craft knife while drinking cider.

GNU PTerry