Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: paulr on 15 September 2019, 09:25:03 AM
Ah the quite rural life ;) ;D

Well...that's that job sorted !!  :)

Bless the red kites, the buzzards, the ravens, the carrion crows and the foxes......There doesn't seem to be a scrap of it left....anywhere.....And I'm not hunting around for it !

No keeping the remains in a dustbin liner, and arranging for the 'fallen stock' lorry to come and collect it.

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Is "quite rural" just suburban by another name? vide supra
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

d_Guy

Speaking of dead sheep, have you considered sculpting some in 10mm? Maybe with little "x"s for eyes? I could have used some recently.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Quote from: FierceKitty on 15 September 2019, 11:32:50 AM
Is "quite rural" just suburban by another name? vide supra

No....In my case it means we're surrounded by acres and acres of green vegetation......With the nearest neighbour at least 300 yards away.
I LOVE it !

The only sounds we hear are the damn donkeys 'up the road', who seem to 'go off on one'  when they feel like it.....

Cheers - Phil.  ;)

FierceKitty

16 September 2019, 12:54:14 AM #1999 Last Edit: 16 September 2019, 12:57:50 AM by FierceKitty
That sounds very rural, not just quite rural.

Nobody who hasn't tried to sleep with a vocal ass nearby can begin to guess what a racket they make.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

For Wales it's a metropolis  !  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 16 September 2019, 08:03:26 AM
For Wales it's a metropolis  !  ;)

You Muppet !!  ;)

Quote from: FierceKitty on 16 September 2019, 12:54:14 AM
Nobody who hasn't tried to sleep with a vocal ass nearby can begin to guess what a racket they make.

Fortunately they're far enough away......Only tend to hear them if we're outside.
BUT.....knowing how distant they actually are.......You're right.....They'll be making one hell of a din, close to.

Cheers - Phil

Techno

Why DO 'things' go wrong in threes ?...and cost loads of money !

Over the past week or so....

1) The brake pads on the car went.....(It wasn't worth repairing, with all the other things apparently wrong with it.)....So we ended up buying one of the local garage's courtesy cars.

2) The on/off switch on the vacuum cleaner gave up the ghost. (I might just be able to get a compatible switch......I do hope so...I'm fairly unimpressed with the cordless 'replacement' we got...The battery life's really not very special....and it only picks up a mug's worth of dirt, before it has to be emptied. Not much cop as one of the 'labs' is moulting for Wales, at the mo'.)

3) Last night the oven decided it didn't want to play anymore.....I think one of the heating elements has gone 'bang'.....So that's a call out to the local electricians to see whether it can be mended, or we need a new one of THOSE.

At least with the oven.....As the MIL is now in the residential home, I could use the oven in the annexe !

Hey Ho !!

At least Nobby cheered me up, this morning, by sending me a pic of some old figures I made 'for the Scottish Tourist industry', which he'd painted up.

Cheers - Phil

sunjester

It's the Law of Sod (but perhaps, here on the forum  we should call it "Techno's Law"?) ;D

Bad luck with so many mechanical/electrical devices going on strike at one time.

fsn

Brakes on the car, the switch on an electrical appliance, and an oven.

Hmmm.  :-\

Have you upset anyone recently?

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Brakes - never use em, my flat is small enough for a cordless to work, and I don't have a Lab to hair it up (don't wear black near a moulting lemon Lab) and finally I've only lost 1 ring on the hob, but I sympathise !

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 01 October 2019, 08:15:06 AM
Brakes on the car, the switch on an electrical appliance, and an oven.
Hmmm.  :-
Have you upset anyone recently?

Not that I'm aware of, Nobby.  :D

Quote from: ianrs54 on 01 October 2019, 08:21:54 AM
Brakes - never use em, my flat is small enough for a cordless to work, and I don't have a Lab to hair it up (don't wear black near a moulting lemon Lab) and finally I've only lost 1 ring on the hob, but I sympathise !
IanS

Thanks, Ian  :).....You're SO right about 'lemon' labs.  X_X  ;)

At least I seem to have tracked down a switch for the old upright 'corded' Dyson !!.....Huzzah !!  :-bd......

Cheers - Phil

Last Hussar

Not that I'm aware of Nobby.

Didn't need the comma  :d :P ;)
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

That's bad luck Phil.

Its my job to repair things , so I would have to fix the vacuum, but  not use it.  Mrs Orcs divides jobs into Blue, Ping and mixed. I normally get into trouble if I do a Pink job

Pink
------
Washing
Ironing
Vacuuming
Sewing
Weeding
Cleaning house
Dusting - Not sure she actually knows what this is

Blue
--------
Decorating
Repairs of anything.
Mowing
Heavy gardening - anything requiring Loppers, Chainsaws or axes
Spraying Weeds
Chopping firewood - see above
Spider removal
Cleaning house - only when I have made a mess I do not want Mrs Orcs to see (ie spilling modelling paint on floor etc) :)
Sorting Cars out
Making awkward phone calls

Mixed
--------

Cooking - depending who is working
Putting the Duvet cover on
Shopping

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!