Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Quote from: mmcv on 07 March 2019, 08:49:50 AM
Is there not an obvious solution here... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FPCJXYS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_DQnGCbYEYQQTE

Though it is a little odd there's 12 of them.
As Stephen Fry has it "normal for Norfolk".
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

What are you trying to say, Nobby ? ;)

Cheers - Phil (I'll reply to your 'mail a bit later, Matey !!) :)

P.S. I haven't cut myself today.....yet.

Leman

I have - hole not big enough in the vehicle with a mast for the mast to fit in!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

How did you cut yourself making a hole, Andy ?  :-\

Hope it wasn't too bad, Matey.

Cheers - Phil (OOTP.....Order Of The Plasters.) :D

Leman

Usual palaver.Model cast with the hole not quite big enough to take the lug at the bottom of the mast. Insert Stanley knife to scrape away some of the metal.............oops :'(. Not too bad, plaster off after a day.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fsn

Finished the Normans last week. I say "finished", but the Norman Army Pack lacks light archers ... so I've now got some of them to do.

In my effort to tidy up odd bits and pieces from the lead mountain, I found some ACW civvies and a couple of stage coaches. They came up rather nice, but then I put them by the existing ACW figures. Oh dear.

The ACW was the first Pendraken forces that I painted. I have learned somewhat since then. I spent the weekend de-basing and Dettol bathing ACW figures. I've still got all the Confederates and some of the Union to (re-)do, but I was down to my last dozen projects so what the hey!

To aide me in my task I put on some YouTube ACW videos. There was a very interesting one that I must post the link to. More of a set of articles that a narrative, it covered such things as the Confederate Soldier Magazine (which published until the 1930s!), detailed examination of a Confederate generals coat and the tools used to maintain rifles. Very interesting.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Westmarcher

The American Battlefield Trust videos on YouTube are usually very good also. Some random ACW examples:-

Chickamauga https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWbiYhVqetw

Zouaves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zx5hqIdb-o

Skirmishers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VNhcyoO9pQ

It also covers aspects of the (American) Revolutionary War.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Westmarcher

There's been some cracking typos on the forum recently. 

Two that spring to mind are "Old Gory" and "A Bride Too Far."

The mind boggles.  ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Last Hussar

At last, a bright spot in my life.
Popped up the corridor to tell my boss something, and she asked me to close the door to the office. I naturally wonder what I've done wrong.
Turns out she wanted to thank me for all the effort I've been putting in, and helping support our reorganisation. She said that she feels I have "really got her back."  :D
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

fsn

Huzzah!

It's good to have someone thank you.

fsn

25 March 2019, 11:17:08 AM #1750 Last Edit: 25 March 2019, 11:35:42 AM by fsn
Quote from: Westmarcher on 25 March 2019, 10:07:59 AM
There's been some cracking typos on the forum recently.  

Two that spring to mind are "Old Gory" and "A Bride Too Far."

The mind boggles.  ;D
Last week I was explaining in an email that there was some filming going on, and that I had been watching the busy film crew. The "t" and the "y" are next to each other on the keyboard, and in my haste ... I mashed both.

Totally changed the sentiment of the email.

Techno

I'm surprised you haven't found a piccy to go with that, Nobby !

No...Please don't.  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Quote from: Last Hussar on 25 March 2019, 10:30:46 AM
At last, a bright spot in my life.
Popped up the corridor to tell my boss something, and she asked me to close the door to the office. I naturally wonder what I've done wrong.
Turns out she wanted to thank me for all the effort I've been putting in, and helping support our reorganisation. She said that she feels I have "really got her back."  :D

Well done you!

Nice to see someone getting some recognition.

Contrary to the trope, it sometimes feels like bosses are too focused on swamp drainage to recognise the efforts of those actually wrangling the crocodiles :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ithoriel

Quote from: fsn on 25 March 2019, 11:17:08 AM
Last week I was explaining in an email that there was some filming going on, and that I had been watching the busy film crew. The "t" and the "y" are next to each other on the keyboard, and in my haste ... I mashed both.

Totally changed the sentiment of the email.

Once emailed a notably "pneumatic" lady I was working with to try and set up a phone meeting. I opened with "I know that you are busy but ..." At least, that's what I intended to type but somehow I added an extra "t"

Freudian Slip or Fat Finger Syndrome? I'll never really know.

Fortunately she thought it hugely amusing.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Westie - thanks for those resources.
Hussar - congrats - nice to be recognized in the real world of work - which to me is a fading memory.
And speaking of work, if that was a workplace email, fsn, congrats to you as well. You are now a "person of interest" in the HR dept.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on