Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Nobby - stop breathing - you'll feel much better !!!
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 16 June 2017, 12:09:17 PM
Have we seen this one before, or have I mixed up my meds again?

I don't remember it.....rather fun, that one. ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

There's not much you don't remember Phil (well, apart from that Tuesday night during the last Ice Age where that shamen slipped you some dodgy 🍄 mushrooms 🍄)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

I did nearly forget that I had to have a CT scan today. (Nothing serious, in the slightest, as far as I'm concerned...seems like rather over zealous checking....Mind you....They were VERY efficient at the unit.
I was finished and going home at the time I was supposed to be starting the scan.)

I'm really lucky that Von's so good at keeping track of appointments, for the whole household !!...She had to take the MIL over to the memory clinic on Wednesday.....And now we have confirmation that the MIL has both 'ordinary' dementia (brain shrinkage ?) and vascular alzheimers (blood not getting to certain parts of the brain properly ?).

Cheers - Phil

d_Guy

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Ithoriel

Well done to Von.

Glad they're being thorough with you.

Sorry to hear about you MIL. Can't be easy all round.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Ta chaps.

Last few days of last week were a bit of a chore, which wasn't helped by the fact I did 'another Techno'. (Left thumb, once again X_X....a beaut.. =))...My fault, as per usual. for trying to get things done on the soldiers too quickly....Brand new 10A blade.

Meant using the PC was very difficult, as I was having to mix putty with my right hand..which I loathe.

I can 'trype' fine one handed, as long as it's the right hand doing the 'tryping'...while I'm mixing putty at the same time with the left.
Missed responding to oodles of posts...sorry.....I'll have to slowly catch up.

Not sure how well the thumb is going to respond to mixing putty for the next few days, as I reckon I'll just keep opening the cut again, so I may well be a little tardy for a while yet.

Cheers - Techno of the nine fingers.  8-}

sunjester

I'm just surprised that you have any fingers left at all!

Techno

I'm surprised that I've still got a left thumb ! :-[
(The number of times it's taken the consequences of my carelessness.  X_X)

Cheers - Phil

Roy

+1 post to my post count.

Got to earn a promotion somehow :D
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Techno

I am now regretting volunteering to go and spray a load of thistles, in one of the fields. =)

I hadn't realised how huge an area they covered. X_X

I'd better go and make a start and get it over with as soon as possible.....or I run out of the herbicide.  :D

Cheers - Phil (I'm going to stink of the weedkiller after I've done it !)

Techno

.....And I've got the taste of it, in my gob now.

Face mask ?.......For wimps !

(I got ticked off for being out there so long in the sun, as well....and what it's going to have done to my back. :-SS)

Cheers - Phil.

fsn

Get rid of the herbicide, get some Eeyores. They love thistles.

Herbie Hancock's better for the environment.

Anyway, on YouGov, you can see the political opinion, age and gender of those who like particular topics. If you ask about wargaming, they are predominantly male, politically neutral and .... very, very young.

This leads me to the obvious conclusion that not many forum members are also signed up to YouGov.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 02 July 2017, 12:52:29 PM
.....And I've got the taste of it, in my gob now.

Face mask ?.......For wimps !

(I got ticked off for being out there so long in the sun, as well....and what it's going to have done to my back. :-SS)

Cheers - Phil.

You be careful.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!