Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Dubbed the T-14 Armata ("Армата"), this is the tank in which Russia will roll into the 21st century. While to date, the Russian army has purchased only 12 Armatas for testing, deliveries at scale are expected to begin this year. Assuming field tests over the next two years work out, Russia plans to replace 70% of its main battle tank force with Armatas by 2020.

Cancel the Stalwart as well.

Is it just me or are tanks getting very Sci-Fi?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

No worries. Taking a leaf from the book of WWII Russian experimental anti-tank warfare, I have the solution!

..... Ta raaaa ...... !   :O)

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: fsn on 03 April 2017, 08:25:26 PM

Dubbed the T-14 Armata ("Армата"), this is the tank in which Russia will roll into the 21st century. While to date, the Russian army has purchased only 12 Armatas for testing, deliveries at scale are expected to begin this year. Assuming field tests over the next two years work out, Russia plans to replace 70% of its main battle tank force with Armatas by 2020.

Ready to invade Lithuania  🇱🇹 https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/03/lithuania-fears-russian-propaganda-is-prelude-to-eventual-invasion  ;)

And because that was getting political https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=adWEAcywRHA
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Phil,

hope everything goes ok.  If you want to increase your BMI - I have some unwanted weight you can have  :D

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

d_Guy

Quote from: Orcs on 04 April 2017, 11:20:40 AM
Phil,

hope everything goes ok.  If you want to increase your BMI - I have some unwanted weight you can have  :D

I'll pledge 15 pounds if you are starting a pledge drive.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

15 pounds would put me at about the lowest weight for a 'good' BMI for my height......Wish I could take it.

Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

20 pounds for the man whose shadow is fatter than he!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dave

Quote from: fsn on 03 April 2017, 08:25:26 PM

Cancel the Stalwart as well.

Is it just me or are tanks getting very Sci-Fi?

You can get over that by looking at the British tanks!!!!!

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 04 April 2017, 05:35:18 PM
15 pounds would put me at about the lowest weight for a 'good' BMI for my height......Wish I could take it.

Cheers - Phil.

When you go for a weigh in take some lead in your trouser pockets.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

d_Guy

Quote from: Techno on 04 April 2017, 05:35:18 PM

Cheers - Phil.

Wish I could give it!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Westmarcher

Having a few beers and a few malts whilst watching The Masters (that's golf, fsn) .... and getting the munchies.

But nothing in the bread bin.  :(

Happy day! Using my Labrador super powers, I've found an out of date sausage roll in the fridge!  =P~
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

fsn

Why are you watching a Volkswagen?

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Westmarcher

Sorry, <gronf, gronf> will tell you later.

Westmarcher

Quote from: fsn on 09 April 2017, 09:57:02 PM
Why are you watching a Volkswagen?
Hey! Wait a minute! I'm risking my life eating an out of date sausage roll and all you're interested in is why I'm watching an updated version of a Kubelwagen?  :Ph

fsn