How are we getting through it?

Started by Leon, 19 April 2020, 10:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cook

Living with it, rather like flu, these days.  Managed to avoid COVID so far but picked up a really nasty bug and chest infection after returning from Australia in February.  We were convinced we had COVID but no temperature and all the tests were negative.  Antibiotics sorted it out but it knocked the wind out of both of us and took nearly a month get over it.  Staff in my GP surgery have stopped wearing masks.  My GP told me "It's a waste of time unless you have it then a mask might help stop you spreading it, in which case you should stay at home anyway".  Nobody seemed to wear masks in Australia anymore, and they had one of the strictest lockdowns anywhere.  They weren't a requirement on the flight either and not many in evidence during the stop-over in Singapore.  Sixth COVID jab on Saturday.

mmcv

We had a pretty woeful winter of illness, seemed to be getting a cold, flu, tummy bug or similar every other week. I suspect at least one was COVID but hard to tell now and didn't seem much point in testing now it's not so different from any other flu. I even got "hand, foot and mouth" which I'd never even heard of until recently (it's different from the mad cow one!). Just seemed like we never had any time to recover (not helped by a baby waking up every couple of hours through the night, every night).

Also found that we had some raw sewage overflowing into our garden which might have been the cause of some of the bugs.  :-& 

Thankfully seems things are improving a bit, the sewage issue is hopefully fixed, the wee man is finally sleeping through the night so we're getting some rest and recovery time and we've not been sick in a few weeks now...   🤞

I've never known so much illness over such a short period, same for a lot of friends and colleagues too. Must just be a post-COVID surge of mixing and several years worth of illness hitting at once. That and having a kid, which introduces a whole new disease vector!

It's springtime now though, things are going to get better!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.