Open Army Discussion!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 05 February 2013, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Tempting!  ;D I can do French II Corps, VI Corps and nearly finished the Guard, just missing the guards horse artillery, they need their limbers (hint hint Leon)!

However, I did say I would only enter figures from this year, and secretly I'm planning to only enter figures painted this month!  :P

At some point I will do the full collection.  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

Tom,

Look forward to seeing those! I am just coming to the end of a project to produce the armies for the early battles in Bohemia at a scale of 1:20 for a forthcoming (touch wood)book. Including a what if of Skalitz involving both Austrian IV and VIII corps, this means about 2000 Austrian infantry and 1500 Prussians, plus cavalry and guns.  Largely painted  by Fernando, but based by me, so not a candidate for the competition. Overall these figures look great , as Andreas Hofer has demonstrated.  Hope you get yours up in the competition in the next ten days!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

tschuma

PRESSURE!!!! AHHHHHH! 
:-SS

I have the Cavalry, Artillery, and Jagers done, so if I don't get the infantry done, I can at the very least post those.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

tschuma

Well the Prussians are up...sorry only got 4 regiments done...life was cruel this past weekend   :(  Still have 9 regimetns worth to paint.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Don't worry, they're really impressive tschuma!  8)

My Guards would have 'em though!

Leon

Excellent entry from O Dinas Powys there, I like it!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

I think he has been eating some dodgy mushrooms  ;D ;D
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

Your entry made me smile Meirion after a long and hard day at work :). I think you deserve a prize for sheer inventiveness!

fred.

Finally sorted through the photos of my army, and got them posted.

I've then looked through all the entries and the breadth, variety and quality of the entries is amazing. You look at one entry and think wow that's great, then scroll down and there is another great one, and then another. Glad I don't have to choose my favourite!!

Good luck to everyone who has entered - especially those who have entered for the first time.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

Good luck to all!

And if you are like me, doesn't matter if you win anything, at least it got you painting!  ;D

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 28 February 2013, 06:08:39 PM
Excellent entry from O Dinas Powys there, I like it!   :D

Thanks Leon, I was in a dilema over which catagory to post them in when inspiration struck!  8)

Quote from: fred    12df on 28 February 2013, 07:10:48 PM
I think he has been eating some dodgy mushrooms  ;D ;D

Just don't ask how long those porcini have been in the cupboard!   :o  8-}

Quote from: Steve J on 28 February 2013, 08:37:22 PM
Your entry made me smile Meirion after a long and hard day at work :)

Cheers Steve, glad to be of assistance :-bd
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )