Austrian Caisson 1866

Started by tschuma, 20 February 2013, 12:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tschuma

Since there is a 1870 Prussian Caisson, how about an Austiran one for 1866?

Le Manchou

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Leman

Moi aussi. I also have raised a large 1866 Austrian army now.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Could there be some later C19th gap fillers on the way?

Hertsblue

Yes, me too, as we've now got the proper Austrian teams.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 27 June 2014, 08:30:01 AM
Could there be some later C19th gap fillers on the way?

There might be a few coming, we've got some conversions which need releasing but I need to sit down and work out what we've got first!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Sounds like excellent news.

cameronian

Holy Chr*st can't we just paint the Prussian ones ochre ? I mean come on chaps, it IS 10mm (reaches for a cigarette and his blood pressure tablets recognising the inherent contradiction of such a combination even as he does it).
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Leman

To be honest there is quite a noticeable difference, even in 10mm, of crew wearing pickelhauben and crew wearing shakos.

cameronian

But the crew aren't moulded onto the caisson ... are they?
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Leon

My earlier comment didn't mean caissons were inbound, it was in reply to DP's about general later 19th C. gap fillers.   :D

mollinary

OK folks, hold onto your hats out there, it's going to be a bumpy ride!   On this one, I agree with Cameronian!   As far as my addled memory tells me I asked Leon very nicely to send me about a dozen caissons with Austrian "limber sitters" which he very kindly did. They now form the ammunition re supply for my Army of the North. Simple really, or have I missed something?  :D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Ah, yes, I assume the caissons use the same teams as the artillery - so you'd have to specify Austrian riders as well - but it would probably work.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net