Which Leven Miniatures would you like to see in 10mm?

Started by levenminiatures, 19 February 2013, 02:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levenminiatures

19 February 2013, 02:18:50 PM Last Edit: 19 February 2013, 09:51:38 PM by nikharwood
Hi to all you 10mm gamers...

I am now about ready to start working on 10mm buildings, but before I dive head first into the abyss, I'd like to get an idea of what you would like to see in the range. If you haven't already seen them you can check out my 6mm offerings at http://www.levenminiatures.co.uk/

I've got a few 10mm on the work bench which you can see at the bottom of the 'previews' page, but I am thinking it's time to branch out.

Let me know what you would like to see and I'll make up a list of the most popular.
Resin cast scenics for wargamers - URL http://www.levenminiatures.co.uk
Always open suggestions for new models

i_am_win

First of all, I'd just like to say your 6mm stuff is lovely! I especially like the cinema, so I'd vote for that.

Anything that would fit into a modern setting, tower block housing, shops, bungalows, terraced houses, pubs etc.

Also I'd like to ask what kind of prices you would be looking to retail the 10mm stuff at? just to get some idea.  :)
Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

Hertsblue

Churches, as in the 6mm range. Every village has one, not many people do them. In particular CHU02, small Russian village church, CHU07, that rather spendid Russian Byzantine pile and the CHU05 Bavarian church would all interest me greatly.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Malbork

I agree with Hertsblue and any generic English style rural buildings which would do for villages from the Middle Ages through ECW to AVBCW (if that's poss of course :))

General Bt Sherman

I'm always looking for new/unique American Civil War buildings. Here are a couple of suggestions.

1) Small country inn and tavern. Something like the Elkhorn Tavern (Pea Ridge).

2) Industrial buildings like Catherin's Furnace (Chancellorsville). Just the furnace building would suffice.

3) Two story slat board farmhouse.  I was forced to use N scale model railroad building because there are very few available in 10mm resin.

4) Large barn. Once again not many available and N scale model railroad barns are too large and too modern.

The examples that I provided above are on the top of my wish list at the moment. I can provide more American Civil War suggestions if needed. Just send me a PM.

Bryan
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

UZero

Duke Speedy of Leighton

AWI/ACW are great, also anything from Alsace Lorraine and the Saarland.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

GordonY

Pretty much all your Viking buildings, they'd do very nicely for Dux Bellorum or Dux Britainniarum, plus on a purely personal want, all of your Russian buildings as I'm considering sending my Panzers east.

Nick the Lemming

I already emailed you my preferences Mike. :)

Of course, it was pretty much your entire 6mm range, but...

levenminiatures

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 19 February 2013, 08:34:34 PM
I already emailed you my preferences Mike. :)

Of course, it was pretty much your entire 6mm range, but...

er yeah you did - I'm still working through them - that's what gave me the idea to post it here!

Jim Ando

Hi

Russian buildings, French buildings and afghan buildings would do nicely. Especially rural ones for all those countries.

jim

FierceKitty

I've just got your 6mm middle eastern sample stuff. I like the definition of the outside stairs leading to the roof; they'll look great in scenarios around Khartoum and Tamai on the one hand, Ramla and Hattin on the other. A match for any of the competition.

The down side; there is a lot of competition for business in the middle-eastern buildings business. You're going up against Timecast and Hovels, and one or two other less well-known makers. Is this commercially rewarding?
  Alexander.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

levenminiatures

Quote from: FierceKitty on 27 February 2013, 02:43:13 PM
I've just got your 6mm middle eastern sample stuff. I like the definition of the outside stairs leading to the roof; they'll look great in scenarios around Khartoum and Tamai on the one hand, Ramla and Hattin on the other. A match for any of the competition.

The down side; there is a lot of competition for business in the middle-eastern buildings business. You're going up against Timecast and Hovels, and one or two other less well-known makers. Is this commercially rewarding?
  Alexander.
Thanks Alexander - Nice to know - will get on with the rest of them now.

nikharwood

QuoteWhich Leven Miniatures would you like to see in 10mm?

Yep - that'd be all of them then Mike  ;) :d