Re: Open - Army! Category - question about aerials

Started by Patch_G, 18 February 2013, 06:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patch_G

Couldn't post on your blog so sneaking a question in here; what did you use for the ariels? I've been after some for vehicles and radio ops guys for ages but didn't know what to get. Cheers!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

I use the spare off cut of a draft excluder for an interior door. Basically it is black nylon bristles, about 2cm long. These super glue quite easily to models, especially if there is a small hole. I glue them on, then cut them to length once the glue has set - its much easier to get the length right this way round, rather than trying to cut them to length first.

Some Shermans

On a Para radio operator
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Patch_G

Quote from: Leon on 18 February 2013, 07:11:41 PM
I've moved this into it's own topic.

Thanks, I couldn't see how to remove it from the page after I posted it and realised it was 'Entries Only'. I PM'd the guy. Sorry for the mis-post! Is there a way of deleting a post for future reference?

PEM

I think that the question of Path_G,  is for me, by the title of this post, but i'm sorry i can't answer your question, because i don't put any aerial in no model of the you can see in this forum, and neither i've make aerials for this scale. But  fred 12df has explain it perfetly.

rexhurley

Another option is to use a cut bristle from a worn household hand brush it's what I have on my tanks and infantry, mounting them is a pain but well worth it

Hertsblue

Old shaving brushes, if anyone uses such a thing any more, are also a good source of arials.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net