Non-Pendraken Board Info!

Started by Leon, 12 February 2013, 03:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

In an ideal world, the whole wargaming community would be sat chucking dice at tables full of 10mm goodness, but of course we all like a bit of variety in our lives!  So if you're working on something different, feel free to pop it in this board for everyone to look at. 

A note though, whilst we all like looking at pics and WIP's, this isn't an advertising site, so anything which is deemed to be a bit 'spammy' will be deleted by the Admin team. 

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

you should get a job with the UN  ;)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

A sensible and level headed approach Leon. Thank you.

Now EVERYONE can see all the other C**P I'm painting...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GordonY

Lemmey if your painting is anything like mine its not something that you want ANYONE else to see. 10mm I can just about get looking respectable if you squint at it from 3 feet away, "yeah its big and green, must be a Russian tank" kinda detail.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

At the moment it would be the seventeen buildings I did for a mate and the repaint after the paint cracked and lifted!  :'(
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

GordonY

OUCH!!!

I can lend you a scraper.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Think these might get put through the dishwasher before I start again...

petercooman

Quote from: GordonY on 12 February 2013, 08:51:45 PM
Lemmey if your painting is anything like mine its not something that you want ANYONE else to see. 10mm I can just about get looking respectable if you squint at it from 3 feet away, "yeah its big and green, must be a Russian tank" kinda detail.

You can still identify your stuff as tanks  :o :o :o

You are my new hero!

:D ;D =O

Nigelemsen

Thats alright Will, i'll distract them with my  15mm 1690 FOGR League of Ausburg French... :) Inking heaven here I come...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 12 February 2013, 09:21:15 PM
Think these might get put through the dishwasher before I start again...

Does resin survive the dishwasher then?   The Dystopian wars stuff has some very stromh release agant on it and its a complete B*gger to get it off so the paint sticks

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Last Hussar

My wife has a painting project for me - 1:1 scale Dining Room and Hallway (It turns out unlike acrylics, emulsion has a low constitution and gets 'tired' after  3 years or so.  Our stuff must feel like it's finished a triathlon...)
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

getagrip

AH well, commiserations Hussar. :(

My wife only works one day a week so she does all the house painting which, to be quite frank, I bloody hate! >:(
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

ErHo

Quote from: Last Hussar on 31 March 2015, 02:20:49 AM
My wife has a painting project for me - 1:1 scale Dining Room and Hallway (It turns out unlike acrylics, emulsion has a low constitution and gets 'tired' after  3 years or so.  Our stuff must feel like it's finished a triathlon...)

You should try a brush larger than '000' size to speed up the process.

I'd talk her into throwing up sand and PVA texture, then it would be pretty fun dry brushing the house!
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer