Open Army Discussion!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 05 February 2013, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luddite

Loving those lizardmen Geed!   =D> :-bd =D>
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Duke Speedy of Leighton

They're all looking superb!  8)
:o Glad I'm not a judge!  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

The Lizards are very nice - which figures are the red lizards on all fours on the right side?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Vulpine

Quote from: Luddite on 11 February 2013, 09:01:03 PM
Loving those lizardmen Geed!   =D> :-bd =D>

Yeah, my Zulu is nothing compared to this. I take my hat off sir!
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

Leon

Quote from: fred    12df on 11 February 2013, 09:06:05 PM
The Lizards are very nice - which figures are the red lizards on all fours on the right side?

FL7 Pet Dinosaurs.  They're nice little sculpts, although could do with remoulding soon.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Luddite

Quote from: Leon on 11 February 2013, 09:10:46 PM
FL7 Pet Dinosaurs.  They're nice little sculpts, although could do with remoulding soon.

Well our understanding of dinosaur physiology has moved on a bit in recent years eh?   ;)
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hip bones are the same. T Rex & Chickens, share the same shaped brain! Be afraid...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

i_am_win

Quote from: mad lemmey on 11 February 2013, 11:19:43 PM
Hip bones are the same. T Rex & Chickens, share the same shaped brain! Be afraid...

Before I started keeping chickens I was quite unaware of just how vicious and predatory they behave, they go absolutely crazy when they draw blood and used to kill wood pigeons that were unfortunate enough to get caught trying to nick their feed! If chucks were bigger they would give anyone reason to be afraid...!
Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

Techno

I agree Win ! :)

They're not particularly nice creatures at all. :o
You're not wrong about spilled blood. Never had any of ours actually injure a flying rat....But if one the 'brood' gets some sort of cut....It gets 'hen-pecked' to the point it has to be isolated before it gets killed by the others.

Vicious, messy, wasteful, rat encouraging peasants ! ;) ;D
And they'll eat just about anything.......Put me off eating eggs sometimes, when I see what's gone down their necks.....(Shudder !!) ;)
Cheers - Phil.

geed

Thanks    :)

@Vulpine : No ! i like your contribution  :P ! It's something different ! When i just glued some minis on bases and painted it, you worked on a real composition which tell a story. I think judges will also take this in count when they will determine a winner.

For those who are interested by Tribal lizardmen, this is the list of minis i bought (but i didn't use everything) :

• Lizardmen Army Pack
  • FTL2
  • FTL6
  • FTL7
  • FTL10
  • FTL12
  • FTL15
  • FTL16
  • AC11

@Win : i always said that chicken is the most dangerous creatures after the alien  X_X
Nesquig ? Waagh else !

Vulpine

Quote from: geed on 12 February 2013, 08:52:48 AM

@Vulpine : No ! i like your contribution  :P ! It's something different ! When i just glued some minis on bases and painted it, you worked on a real composition which tell a story. I think judges will also take this in count when they will determine

Thanks man!
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

Hertsblue

Every time I think I've seen the winner someone comes up with something even better. Good luck, judges!  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hold the presses! A whole 1866 Austrian army just appeared, fantastic! wow! :o  8)
I almost feel honour bound to either enter French or Prussians to oppose them!  :P

tschuma

mad lemmey

Well it is an Army contest so why not put the whole army up!

My goal was to have the Austrians and Prussians done by this coming weekend, but I really hate paint cavalry and it took me about 10 days to slog throught he Prussians. Working on the infantry command now and will start digging thoruh about 460 infantry shortly.  Then its on to 230 or so Saxons.

Tom