Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
14 July 2020, 12:19:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have you seen our Plans for 2020 yet?
303389 Posts in 17757 Topics by 2247 Members
Latest Member: Adamwest
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Competitions
| | |-+  PPC 2013!
| | | |-+  Open Army Discussion!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Open Army Discussion!  (Read 12587 times)
Luddite
Brigadier

« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2013, 09:01:03 PM »

Loving those lizardmen Geed!   Applause Thumbs up Applause

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #16 on: 11 February 2013, 09:05:36 PM »

They're all looking superb!  Cool
 Shocked Glad I'm not a judge!  Cheesy

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
fred.
Lieutenant General

« Reply #17 on: 11 February 2013, 09:06:05 PM »

The Lizards are very nice - which figures are the red lizards on all fours on the right side?

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!
Vulpine
Major

« Reply #18 on: 11 February 2013, 09:06:54 PM »

Loving those lizardmen Geed!   Applause Thumbs up Applause

Yeah, my Zulu is nothing compared to this. I take my hat off sir!

You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #19 on: 11 February 2013, 09:10:46 PM »

The Lizards are very nice - which figures are the red lizards on all fours on the right side?

FL7 Pet Dinosaurs.  They're nice little sculpts, although could do with remoulding soon.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Luddite
Brigadier

« Reply #20 on: 11 February 2013, 10:39:23 PM »

FL7 Pet Dinosaurs.  They're nice little sculpts, although could do with remoulding soon.

Well our understanding of dinosaur physiology has moved on a bit in recent years eh?   Wink

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN
barbarian
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #21 on: 11 February 2013, 11:06:38 PM »

Feathers ?

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #22 on: 11 February 2013, 11:19:43 PM »

Hip bones are the same. T Rex & Chickens, share the same shaped brain! Be afraid...

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
i_am_win
Lieutenant

« Reply #23 on: 11 February 2013, 11:27:31 PM »

Hip bones are the same. T Rex & Chickens, share the same shaped brain! Be afraid...

Before I started keeping chickens I was quite unaware of just how vicious and predatory they behave, they go absolutely crazy when they draw blood and used to kill wood pigeons that were unfortunate enough to get caught trying to nick their feed! If chucks were bigger they would give anyone reason to be afraid...!

Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

Techno
Marquis

« Reply #24 on: 12 February 2013, 08:23:09 AM »

I agree Win ! Smiley

They're not particularly nice creatures at all. Shocked
You're not wrong about spilled blood. Never had any of ours actually injure a flying rat....But if one the 'brood' gets some sort of cut....It gets 'hen-pecked' to the point it has to be isolated before it gets killed by the others.

Vicious, messy, wasteful, rat encouraging peasants ! Wink Grin
And they'll eat just about anything.......Put me off eating eggs sometimes, when I see what's gone down their necks.....(Shudder !!) Wink
Cheers - Phil.

FSN IS an oik...I wonder when he'll change his signature again . :-)
Techno....AND STILL.....The most picked on member of the forum since 2011
geed
Cadet

« Reply #25 on: 12 February 2013, 08:52:48 AM »

Thanks    Smiley

@Vulpine : No ! i like your contribution  Tongue ! It's something different ! When i just glued some minis on bases and painted it, you worked on a real composition which tell a story. I think judges will also take this in count when they will determine a winner.

For those who are interested by Tribal lizardmen, this is the list of minis i bought (but i didn't use everything) :
  • Lizardmen Army Pack
  • FTL2
  • FTL6
  • FTL7
  • FTL10
  • FTL12
  • FTL15
  • FTL16
  • AC11

@Win : i always said that chicken is the most dangerous creatures after the alien  I don't want to see

Nesquig ? Waagh else !
Vulpine
Major

« Reply #26 on: 16 February 2013, 05:43:57 PM »

@Vulpine : No ! i like your contribution  Tongue ! It's something different ! When i just glued some minis on bases and painted it, you worked on a real composition which tell a story. I think judges will also take this in count when they will determine

Thanks man!

You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!
Hertsblue
Lieutenant General

« Reply #27 on: 17 February 2013, 05:59:17 PM »

Every time I think I've seen the winner someone comes up with something even better. Good luck, judges!  Smiley

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #28 on: 17 February 2013, 07:30:44 PM »

Hold the presses! A whole 1866 Austrian army just appeared, fantastic! wow! Shocked  Cool
I almost feel honour bound to either enter French or Prussians to oppose them!  Tongue

tschuma
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #29 on: 18 February 2013, 04:23:00 PM »

mad lemmey

Well it is an Army contest so why not put the whole army up!

My goal was to have the Austrians and Prussians done by this coming weekend, but I really hate paint cavalry and it took me about 10 days to slog throught he Prussians. Working on the infantry command now and will start digging thoruh about 460 infantry shortly.  Then its on to 230 or so Saxons.

Tom
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: