Childhood TV and films.

Started by Techno, 01 February 2013, 10:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malbork

QuoteYou mean Clopper Castle? Very cool puppet show, would make some great cartoony miniatures from the designs on that show!!

That's what I meant - Cloppa Castle; Touch of sausage finger syndrome. :-[

Bygones and the Hasbeens doing battle for the oil... tra la la

Pugwash was brilliant as was his sort of alter ego Sir Prancelot - basically same characters and voices but in medieval garb; Arch-enemy Otto ze Blott ;D

You're right SteveJ, how did we forget about Hector's House? :o

Fenton

There were so many classics back then

I liked Captain Pugwash..I only found out recently that the first ones were done live!

The Herbs were good as was Ludwig and The Flashing Blade

And Trumpton, Camberwick Green and Chigley

Also the Banana Splits and Robinson Crusoe though it did go on for ages, I always enjoyed Jackanory as well

Chorlton and the Wheelies was a classic as well
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Malbork

QuoteThe Herbs were good as was Ludwig and The Flashing Blade

Loved the Herbs (herbidacious) and FB but have to say that Ludwig left me cold.  Never understood what was going on :(

Fenton

Quote from: Malbork on 02 February 2013, 01:30:45 PM
Ludwig left me cold.  Never understood what was going on :(

Who did?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Steve J

QuoteTrumpton, Camberwick Green and Chigley

Sublime entertainment :)

Robinson Crusoe and The Flashing Blade on during the Summer holidays, both with great opening sound tracks! " You've got to fight for what you want and all that you believe..."

Luddite

Quote from: Fenton on 02 February 2013, 12:59:14 PM
And Trumpton, Camberwick Green and Chigley

Yes!  Yes!! Yes!!!

I loved the one where the windmill stopped and they found Windy Miller sleeping off a mammoth cider binge.  Still cracks me up today!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Button Moon was one of the oldest I remember, after that it was the 80's cartoons like 'Thundercats', 'Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors' and 'The Mysterious Cities of Gold'.  Actually Fierce Kitty might like that last one:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Fenton

What about Fingerbobs?

Now I've typed it it seems quite rude