Union ACW cavalry as 1914 Chasseurs?

Started by J.S., 30 January 2013, 04:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.S.

Pendraken has not yet produced  figures for this branch of early ww1 french cavalry, so I looked for suitable alternatives. So far, the ACW cavalry seems to be the best bet?

Second from the left...thought that a mere painting conversion would already suffice for those? Or have I missed something here?  ???

And since there are no lance carrying troopers in Pendraken's 1914 range I thought about using the ACW standard bearer for this purpose. Would it be possible to buy a bag of just those figs Leon? So one pack of sabre/carabine troopers and one with flag poles/"lances"..that would be great. (unless someone points out a major inconsistence which speaks against using ACW figs)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

J.S.

30 January 2013, 04:39:39 PM #2 Last Edit: 30 January 2013, 04:41:12 PM by J.S.
I also thought of those, but as far as I know the 1870 uniform of chasseurs a cheval/d'afrique looked quite different than the 1914 ones. ACW troopers are closer in my eyes.

Ok, the guy on the left is a member of the imperial guard and has a special headgear, but the uniform is too short anyways even if he carried a cap.
Neverthelss: if someone has pics of Pendraken's 1870 cavarly that would be help I guess.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Have you thought of the 1860s Italian light cavalry. They wear tunic and tapered shako. You would need to file of the epaulettes. I am considering using these as 1914 Belgian chasseurs who wore a similar uniform but in different colours.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I would say fpw4 chasseurs d'afrik are what you are after.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

11 April 2013, 04:02:03 PM #5 Last Edit: 11 April 2013, 04:17:02 PM by mad lemmey
Will post some when I get on a proper computer in a few minutes...
Here we are, front rank (shocking photos, taken ages ago) only half a stands worth at the moment I'm afraid!

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner