GNW & Malburian ranges

Started by Grenadier, 26 May 2010, 01:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grenadier

I am wondering if there is a stylistic difference between these two ranges. Is the sculpting by the same hand? The lack of posing variety in the GNW line suggests to me it is an earlier offering.  Can anyone provide a few photos of Swedish and Russians, please? I really want to get into this period but if the GNW line is not up to snuff I'll have to stick with WSS.
Thanks

maciek

Excellent site to research through WSS and GNW Pendraken's range is http://10mmworld.com/

Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Grenadier

Leon

The GNW and the WSS ranges were done by the same designer, so are exactly the same size wise.  I always forget about 10mmworld.com when people are looking for photo's!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Grenadier

Leon, thanks for the info.  I am curious as to the reason for the lack of pose variation among Swedes and Russians as compared to the other Malburian and SYW figs.  I'm sure there several "crossover" figs but not with troops wearing the kartuz cap. I am enjoying painting up the samples I received awhile back and really need to stop procrastinating and pony up for some battalions!

Brian

Leon

I suppose the basic reason comes down to demand.  The GNW just isn't as popular as the others.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Grenadier

Yeah, I figured that.  It's too bad, GNW has some really cool forces fighting some really nasty battles.  I'm sure, when more english translated info emerges, demand will emerge as well.  Just look what happened to SYW 25 years ago. I suppose I could just transplant kartuz heads onto the MAL lineup!
Thanks for the reply Leon

Leon

Quote from: 18thcenturygamer on 28 May 2010, 12:41:33 AM
I could just transplant kartuz heads onto the MAL lineup!

Good luck!   :D