1860 Austrian WIP

Started by Andreas Hofer, 19 January 2013, 01:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas Hofer

I think i have found my basing for GTR , 40x20 with 12 Figures . With TRIMMED grass  :P
Thank for all suggestion here.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Really nice! (*)
Lawnmower or sheep?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

maciek

Quotewhat company makes those figure may i ask
Hmm.... I think I can't say it here, as they are not Pendraken's.
But if you visit my blog and find the post with this picture, you will find this information easily.  ;)

QuoteI think i have found my basing for GTR , 40x20 with 12 Figures . With TRIMMED grass
That's it !   :-bd
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

Andreas,

Love your work, and truly welcome you coming into my favourite period.  I think your new basing does look excellent, and  much better than the six figure base you tried before.  A couple of questions, if I may. You seem to have assumed that the figures show the shakos uncovered, and therefore have included a  go at the eagle on the front.  I have always assumed that they show the shako covered, as I understand it usually was in Bohemia.  Does anyone know the intent of the sculptor?    Second, unless he is carefully hidden in the second row, you have not used the drummer figure.  A pity, in my view, as I think he is one of the best sculpts, and really exudes the period - sort of Darko Pavlovic's Osprey illustration based on Teuber and Ottenfeld. Did you just decide it was one too many "command" figure for a base?

Mollinary, looking forward to seeing more of your work on this army, in particular the cavalry!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Andreas Hofer

hi mollinary ,

I do not know if the eagle on shako is historically correctly . its only my interpretation. i find the shakos are too plain for covered.
Yes indeet i have no drummer used , because for the first rank its to much command figures . for 7 figures in each rank the drummer is ok , but I have space for only 6 on the base ( 1 soldier on the left, commander , flag carrier, drummer, 2 soldier on the right looks not so ordered) . and in second rank you cant see the drummer in all his splendor. so in tresh with him ! ;)

kev1964

Great work  Andreas, look forward to seeing more.

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

cameronian

10 February 2013, 12:50:04 PM #52 Last Edit: 10 February 2013, 12:56:31 PM by cameronian
Lovely figures, beautifully painted but I agree with Mollinary, the drummer is a nice figure, I don't think he crowds the sase, I use the same scale as you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55665103@N03/5158035132/sizes/l/in/set-72157625347117602/
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are beautiful Cameroonian
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

keeryel

Hello Andreas, very nice figures indeed!
I like them a lot.
which color did you used on them? light blue seems really good, I'd like to use it on my own austrian 1859 project.
thanks and, again, compliments.