1860 Austrian WIP

Started by Andreas Hofer, 19 January 2013, 01:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maciek

Quote from: Andreas Hofer on 27 January 2013, 10:20:18 AM
@ maciek : Do you youse also Grand Tactical Rules for 10mm ? if you do , what is your basing ?

I didn't start painting figures yet, but I considered doing it in "half-scale" with 6 infantrymen on 30x20mm stand. It also fits the original size - 1 1/4 inch as I remember.

I've also find that in this period and ACW as well I prefer arranging figures in "mob" rather than in lines:

Here 8 figures per 40x20mm stand for ACW. Painted by Pawel Chrzanowski.
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Andreas Hofer

31 January 2013, 05:45:27 PM #31 Last Edit: 31 January 2013, 06:09:27 PM by Andreas Hofer
hi maciek,

6 infantrymen on 30x20mm stand sounded good so i have make 1 test base.
at Grand Tactical Rules a Regiment have 3 battalions, so i need 3 stands. I have only 6 men on stand , 2 ( flag, commander)of them are command figures . is it to much when i make 2 command figures one each stand of battalion ?
i think the command:soldier ratio is not consistent by only 6 men per base. i am not sure in this question. ???????
maybe someone has a good suggestion for my problem.

cheerio

maciek

I see that you choose GTR "full scale".
I considered "half scale" with one stand equal a half battalion. It's more historically accurate as Prussians operated with independent half battalions.
In half scale I would get one flag per 12 figures. I agree that a flag per six figures would be to much. If you stick to the full scale, try to use 40x20 stands with 8 or 10 figures.

BTW. The stand on the photo looks FANTASTIC !!!
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That looks amazing. Maybe just needs another stand of ordinary troops on each side, which would allow you to do line and column. Just a thought, feel free to ignore! :)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Brilliant job ! :-bd =D>
Cheers - Phil.

Hertsblue

It really depends on how many battalions you want to field. Also bear in mind that their main opponents, the French, fielded much smaller battalions, and would probably need to be only four figures strong. From the point of view of the rules it probably doesn't matter greatly how many bases you have, but a twelve or eighteen-figure battalion looks better than one of only six figures.

Beautiful figures, BTW  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

kev1964

Very nice figs and great basing,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

barbarian

About the basing, I think the grass is a bit tall, hiding the beautiful paint job.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

nikharwood

Very nice indeed, although I think that barbarian is right - the long static grass is hiding them a bit!

Andreas Hofer

yes but only from this perspective  :)

Andreas Hofer

I think this will be my entry into Painting Competition  ;)

Steve J

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Nav

Quote from: maciek on 28 January 2013, 10:56:25 AM
I didn't start painting figures yet, but I considered doing it in "half-scale" with 6 infantrymen on 30x20mm stand. It also fits the original size - 1 1/4 inch as I remember.

I've also find that in this period and ACW as well I prefer arranging figures in "mob" rather than in lines:

Here 8 figures per 40x20mm stand for ACW. Painted by Pawel Chrzanowski.

what company makes those figure may i ask