Show reports

Started by Leon, 17 January 2013, 01:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Unfortunately, there will be no longer be full show reports anymore, as with me now having Minibits at most of the shows, I'm struggling to find the time to get away from the stand and grab the pics.  I'll still give a quick summary in the show threads, and I'll try and link to any blogs and pics which are out on the interwebs as well.  I'll also still have a camera with me at some shows, so I'll get some quick shots of things where possible.

Apologies for this, I had hoped to keep going with them, but it was getting harder and harder to keep it going towards the end of last year.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

A shame but understandable :(. I always look forward to the pics you put up just to see what is going on at the shows that I can't attend.

Albie Bach

Yes, indeed a shame. You take great pics.
I do the website for our club and know how difficult it is to get decent pics, especially of a game in progress and usually without ideal lighting. Also the time to choose, trim and upload pics is not to be underestimated so it is a perfectly understandable decision.
It's also a shame because shows need all the promotion they can get.
Hopefully those of us who attend shows can fill in a bit.
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ohh. Shame, I liked the eye candy and seeing everyone elses great ideas, but it was making me realise I'm not into 28mm zombie cowboys at all!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

I'll keep doing as much as I can, but it won't be every game, and it might not be all the shows, as ones like Salute are a nightmare to find the time at!  The 2 day shows should be doable though.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

As life gets more and more hectic something has to give. That's completely understandable. Is there any way that those of us who don't have blogs can help? I'm thinking of provision of pictures etc. Do you have a set format for the forum? Or would it only add to the work-load?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Steve J

I've put on demo games at Colours for the past 4 years, and each year I've hardly had time to walk the show, let alone take pics. This year we are hoping to put on a Dux Bellorum game that should allow more time to have a good look around. That way hopefully I will be able to take lots of pics and post them on my Blog.

Leon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 18 January 2013, 10:16:57 AM
As life gets more and more hectic something has to give. That's completely understandable. Is there any way that those of us who don't have blogs can help? I'm thinking of provision of pictures etc. Do you have a set format for the forum? Or would it only add to the work-load?

If other folk have pics, I can upload them here, that's no bother at all.  It's more the time needed at the shows where I'm struggling.

8)