First Look at the Napoleonic Bavarians!

Started by Leon, 16 January 2013, 11:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I've just had a look at the castings of these, and they look fine from the side.  I've not got my camera with me today, so I'll try and get a pic tomorrow of them all lined up.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Yep - very nice indeed  8)

Leon

Quick question for the Nap gamers on pack compositions!

I'm getting the Bavarians ready for release at the moment.  We've got the regular line figures, which will also double up as lights, in four poses, so no worries there.  The command consists of officer/ensign/drummer/hornist, so four poses in the command pack.

Now, the queries start when it comes to the Elites/Flank chaps.  We've got the same four poses, plus a command set of officer/drummer/hornist.  Would people prefer packs of 16's (two poses of foot + 3 command), or packs of 30 (two poses of foot + 3 command)?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

quasar42

Personally, I would prefer 30 man packs - but that is just me

Rob

Quote from: Leon on 19 July 2013, 09:58:34 PM
Quick question for the Nap gamers on pack compositions!

Bread, repair kit, spare shirt, spare flints and when starting a campaign at least one extra pair of shoes.   :) :)

Quote from: Leon on 19 July 2013, 09:58:34 PMI'm getting the Bavarians ready for release at the moment.  We've got the regular line figures, which will also double up as lights, in four poses, so no worries there.  The command consists of officer/ensign/drummer/hornist, so four poses in the command pack.

Now, the queries start when it comes to the Elites/Flank chaps.  We've got the same four poses, plus a command set of officer/drummer/hornist.  Would people prefer packs of 16's (two poses of foot + 3 command), or packs of 30 (two poses of foot + 3 command)?
As for figure numbers for the elites. Personally I would not want command figures in the elite pack as the elites would be part of a line regiment and I would get the command figures when buying the line troops. In this case packs of 16 would be ideal.

However, if the command set is an "elite" command set i.e. different from the line command and needs to be included, then I would prefer them in 30 man packs.

Cheers, Rob  :)

WeeWars

Quote from: Leon on 19 July 2013, 09:58:34 PM
The command consists of officer/ensign/drummer/hornist, so four poses in the command pack.

The Bavarian infantry c.1809 fought in the field with 1 grenadier company and 3 fusilier companies per battalion. The fusilier companies included schützen. The ratio was 5 grenadiers to 12 fusiliers to 3 schützen. Presumably, you are going to allocate drummer and hornist separately to line and light commands?

So perhaps:

30 pack: advancing and firing poses + officer (no standard) and hornist for Light battalions

30 pack: marching poses + officer, standard and drummer for Line battalions

16 pack: marching grenadiers (no command – or a command of officer and drummer)

16 pack: advancing and firing schützen (no command – or a command of officer and hornist)
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

I wasn't planning on separating the hornist/drummer, as the line/lights are the same figures, so would be a single code.  The rough range list at the moment would be:

NBV1 Line/light infantry, march attack (30 figures)
NBV2 Line/light infantry, firing/advancing (30 figures)
NBV3 Line/light infantry command (officer/standard/drummer/hornist) (30 figures)
NBV4 Line/light Mtd Officer (5 figures)
NBV5 Elite infantry, march attack, inc. command (officer/drummer/hornist) (16 figures)
NBV6 Elite infantry, firing/advancing, inc. command (officer/drummer/hornist) (16 figures)

and then the other stuff to follow on?

That would fit in with the range composition of the French/Austrian ranges, but I thought I'd see what people thought about the command and 16-man packs?

:-\