ECW Revamp!

Started by Leon, 16 January 2013, 11:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capthugeca

Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Hertsblue

A full-sized poodle at that.  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Rothgar68

So very excellent! Can't wait to buy it all!

Fenton

I'm not an expert on the period would these all work for TYW?

cheers
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Sigur

These do look lovely.

My favorites clearly are the fact that the dragoons got a drummer and the marching musketeers. Great stuff and I'm very much looking forward to the release. When I read "march releases" my first reflex was "argh, it's ages until those get released" but then I realized that we're halfway through February already. It's scary how time flies. :D

@Fenton: From what I can see they'd work splendidly. I'm doing TYW as well and I use all kinds of ECW minis. Even the personalities are no problem to use. I'll make sure to get those and use them for officers. (great, due to amazing upcoming Pendraken releaes not only my cavalry painting plans are delayed but also my officers plans. Oh, and any further musketeers ;) ) The poodle will be turned into a shepard's dog for the camp. :)

mollinary

I assume that should say "Charles 1"?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

TinyTerrain

Believe it or not when i was at school (25 years ago) we never learnt anything about the ECW, it was all ww1/ww2. So its not a period i know much about.

These look cracking, and may be my next guilty pleasure after i have finished my AWI armies for Maurice

Cheers,

Craig
TinyTerrain Models
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: Leon on 13 February 2013, 08:51:21 PMHope you like them!

8)

Do I like them? God help me wallet once these darlings hit the moulds! I love them, particularly the leadership - though I think Rupert would be more adequately served with a set of beanstalks than with his poodle..  ;)

Great job Pendraken.  =D>

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 17 February 2013, 10:18:35 AM
I assume that should say "Charles 1"?

Mollinary

Yeah, got carried away with my IIII's....

:-[
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

These do look brilliant. All of them - I certainly wish the mounted dragoons had been available earlier. Curiously enough, my favourite among the personalities is the general who has no name - Voldemort, perhaps?

I also think the mounted officers are excellent, and just what I need. All it takes now is for Bernie to get those rules produced and it will re-kindle my enthusiasm for getting the figures out of the boxes and onto the table!  :D :(

Mollinary

Hertsblue

Quote from: mollinary on 17 February 2013, 03:17:03 PM
Curiously enough, my favourite among the personalities is the general who has no name - Voldemort, perhaps?

Mollinary

Him who must ne're be named?

www.rulesdepot.net

mollinary

The very same!

Mollinary

Thistledo

Are you going to do open handed pikemen?

Hertsblue

All the pikemen I know are as tight as a duck's a**e!

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Thistledo on 04 March 2013, 08:53:59 AM
Are you going to do open handed pikemen?

We've been asked a few times, but it's not something we've got on the designers schedule yet.  We'll have a look at getting the master mould out and drilling the pikes out of a few.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!