ECW Revamp!

Started by Leon, 16 January 2013, 11:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We previewed a couple of these at the end of last year, but now we've got the full set here at Pendraken HQ, so it was time to get some pics taken!  This lot are at the top of the moulding queue, so we'll be getting these done asap and they'll be replacing the current codes very soon.

Cavalry in hats:

Cavalry in helmets:

Cuirassiers:

Scots cavalry:

Hope you like them!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nosher

Lovely jubbly - and just what I needed to convince me to expand my TYW cavalry this year...!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leman

Love the look of those cuirassiers.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are superb! Idon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmy... Ohhh tempting!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Rob

I can see whats coming. I have 25mm Napoleonics and ECW in the attic. I have stacked up boxes of 15mm Napoleonics and 30 years war/ECW in my office. I am now well into building a 10mm Napoleonic army. It doesnt need Bletchley Park to see a pattern emerging here.  ;D

fred.

I like the look of these - I'm sure they can get added to some existing armies without the need for an ECW army.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

nikharwood

barbarian

Italian wars for example.
I'm a bit confused with the Morion helmet, wouldn't it be a latest features in Renaissance ?
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: barbarian on 18 January 2013, 10:19:18 AM
I'm a bit confused with the Morion helmet, wouldn't it be a latest features in Renaissance ?

A lot of equipment/armour from the earlier wars was stored and brought back into use, so there would be quite a mix and match appearance quite often. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Leon on 18 January 2013, 02:15:17 PM
A lot of equipment/armour from the earlier wars was stored and brought back into use, so there would be quite a mix and match appearance quite often.  
Gen. Montgomery mentions in his memoirs that he saw an 8th Army soldier in a jeep in Libya wearing a top hat. What's a morion at Marston Moor to that?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Malbork

They look great. Just what I need to complete my armies, which ar ecurrently a little hevay in the foot as it were :)

Leon

Quote from: Malbork on 18 January 2013, 02:22:58 PM
...which are currently a little heavy in the foot as it were :)

That'll be all the mud...  ;)

:D

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Sandinista

Quote from: mad lemmey on 17 January 2013, 12:54:20 PM
Those are superb! Idon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmyIdon'tneedtostartanotherarmy... Ohhh tempting!

Go on, you know you want to really  ;)

J.S.

Hot, hot and hot  :D
I was thinking about a 15mm army for the period, but with those figs available  :-\
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!