Bit quiet today!

Started by Leon, 15 January 2013, 01:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

-5 when I left home, -3 when I got to the unit, and it's only 6 degrees inside!  Might just stick my head in the melting pot today...  :(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Coldest night of this winter so far over here.
Brrrrrr. (Awesome sunrise though.)
Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

I set off too early to see the sunrise which is a shame, and also away from it. Just come into the workshop to warm up as my eyeballs are cold :o.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sunrise? What sunrise? Thick blanket of freezing fog in the vales up to 80m odd, and hill fog at 100+m here, the gap between! is a winter woinderland!!  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Yep, still some black ice about when driving the other half to the station. I may yet regret buying a rear-wheel drive motor.

(We're discussing the weather - how British is that?)  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

I've come back in the office to warm up for a bit.  It's gone up to 8 degrees in the unit, but still not exactly warm...  :'(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 16 January 2013, 03:20:58 PM
I've come back in the office to warm up for a bit.  It's gone up to 8 degrees in the unit, but still not exactly warm...  :'(

What on Earth have you been doing outside ?....Making a snowman ? ;) :P
Cheers - Phil.

Leon

My snowman fell over, there's only slush left outside now...

The office is the only warm bit in the unit, out in the casting area it's absolutely baltic.

Techno

Stroll on...
It must be blanking cold if the molten 'hot pots' aren't putting out enough heat to give you a bit of warmth.
Cheers - Phil.....(Who has just been outside to break the ice on the troughs.)

Hertsblue

Minus 6.5 this morning. Whatever happened to the Gulf Stream?  :'(

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It's collapsing to the south.
I was always told the West of Britain is a lot warmer than the east due to the North Atlantic Drift, this is why Shetland often looks warmer on weather forecasts - they don't count wind chill I guess!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Certainly warmer in the West Lemmey......Barely a frost in Pembs this morning.....But it sounds as though we've got some nasty stuff coming overnight.
Oh goody....The snow will get driven off the fields and into the road....Cut off again for a couple of days......Sigh !
Gulf stream Ray ?.....Hasn't someone switched that off ? ;)
Cheers - Phil

Steve J

A balmy 4 degrees in the garage today, but sods law I'm clearing a room out today. Snow forecast tomorrow so should make for an interesting cycle ride in.

Hertsblue

Yes, I learned that in Geography in school. It gets colder the further east you go in winter (south to north in summer). Essex always gets the snow first and heaviest down here - and they're only just down the road. 

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

-6 outside, 5 degrees inside today.  I'm not a cold weather person at all...  >:(